Search

LanSluder, my guru....

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12th, 2005, 01:37 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LanSluder, my guru....

please, help me! my dream wedding in my little head is in belize. very small (our parents and a couple friends), GREAT food, and most important affordable!! we want to get married in belize, i want to get dive certified...spend a week there and then off for another week in costa rica.

can you please recommend some of the best places that are affordable for us to marry and have our guests stay at? good food is a must! since i want to get certified i thought it best to stay coastal for a few days and then spend the last few days in the jungle area but either way is fine.

we will probably do the formal marriage state side as i don't want to deal with legalities of doing it in belize.

also, when is the best time of year...weather and bug-wise?

i appreciate anything you can offer!
Old Jan 12th, 2005, 02:34 PM

Legalities are simple-You must be in Belize 3 days and can submit your marriage application to registry on the 4th business day (not a holiday or weekend). Your paperwork will be ready the next afternoon for your ceremony. If you've been divorced or widowed, bring your divorce decree or death certificate. License costs us$100.00. Simple. You can have your ceremony at the beach, a maya site, butterly farm, waterfall, orchid house, etc. Take a look at Placencia and Ambergris Caye, both beach areas where its easier to arrange wedding ceremonies. On Ambergris look at Victoria House, Ramons (large and lively), Mata Chica and Portofino. Placencia, Turtle Inn (who do not allow ceremonies on property, but they can be arranged nearby), Kittys Place and Roberts Grove. I'm sure Lan will have other great suggestions, but this is a good start.
Old Jan 12th, 2005, 03:29 PM

Katie knows a lot more about Belize than I do! Listen to her.

--Lan Sluder
Old Jan 12th, 2005, 06:05 PM

You stop being Modest Lans !!!

Percy
Old Jan 13th, 2005, 03:43 PM
Original Poster

so...no one is going to advise? I appreciate your thoughts Katie...but, I do not want to legally marry in Belize (just go thru the motions) and I still need recs....please oh please...
Old Jan 14th, 2005, 03:42 AM

There are so many places that meet your requirements for affordability (depending on what that means to you) and good food. Any guidebooks (including Fodor's or other guides I've written) will have them.

Examples:

San Pedro:
Mata Rocks, Banana Beach, Corona del Mar, SunBreeze

Placencia:
Kitty's, Tradewinds

Cayo:
Black Rock, Cahal Pech Village, duPlooy's, many others

--Lan Sluder