Search

never been to belize!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2nd, 2007, 04:02 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
never been to belize!

Hi all- posted this on costa rica, too. My husband is returning from afghanistan and we are between belize and costa rica. If you were going to do belize for 10-12 days, where would you stay, what are must-sees. Pretty liberal budget-- this is a celebration vacation! thanks in advance for any and all suggestions!
Old Jan 2nd, 2007, 07:34 PM

You may wish to narrow down some adventures - beach, diving, jungleto help you with gathering input. Check the tripadvisor forums for belize who we also consulted before our trip. We spent an amazing week at Blackbird Cay on the Turneffe atoll diving every day.
Old Jan 3rd, 2007, 05:06 AM

Belize has Maya sites, caves, rivers, waterfalls, horses, rapelling, zip lines, horses and more on the mainland and great diving, snorkeling, kayaking and sailing on the coast. English is the offical language, easy to get around, people are flriendly, you can use US$. Take alook at the Cayo district for mainland and Ambergris or Placencia for beach, lots of great options in each area.
Old Jan 3rd, 2007, 05:20 AM

I haven't actually been to Belize yet but my husband and I are planning a trip there next (currently working on Costa Rica). It depends on what you like to do of course (i.e. SCUBA) but we are looking at doing 2-3 of the following: Turtle Inn in Placencia and the other Copola property Blancaneaux Lodge in San Ignacio, Turneffe Island Lodge and Victoria House on Ambergris. I have friends that did Turtle Inn and Blancaneaux for their honeymoon last year and LOVED it. Good luck!
Old Jan 3rd, 2007, 02:27 PM
Original Poster

thanks so much. I think we want some adventures-- but also some time on the beach to just hang out and snorkel. Thanks for the suggestions- I'll check them all out. Thanks to all!
Old Jan 3rd, 2007, 03:53 PM

Jaguar Reef Lodge Hopkins, Stann Creek District, Belize. Sea on one side, rainforest on the other. It's an adventure lodge. Great value too.