Belize vacation

Old Jan 3rd, 2009, 11:12 AM
Original Poster

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Belize vacation

After visiting tons of all inclusive resorts throughout the Caribbean we are trying to do something a little different. We are looking for a house or bed and breakfast type resort maybe even a small family run resort. The perfect place would have snorkeling on the beach in front, fishing on a pier with use of a small boat, wildlife around (my 10 year old daughter loves monkeys). We are not opposed to jungle resorts but I have two kids 8 & 10 so it would need to be safe and have things for them. I have heard very good things about Belize (doesnít have to be Belize) and would like to visit there but I am having a hard time finding what I need. The closest thing I have stayed at is seabirdkey.com which is a private island in Florida. I would like to try something different. Any Suggestions.
Old Jan 4th, 2009, 04:38 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
There are two threads with specific titles of "close in snorkeling" and places to stay in Cayo" just below your post (numbers 5 and 16, right now).
Old Jan 4th, 2009, 04:39 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Those are the belize specific references, of course!
Old Jan 4th, 2009, 05:29 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I don't think you're going to find everything you want at one destination in Belize. There is wonderful wildlife, but the jungle is inland, away from the water.

That said, Belize is a small country and it's simple and easy to split your trip between a jungle lodge and the beach.
Old Jan 4th, 2009, 07:33 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
You can go to resortsd on the mainland that offer snorkeling (30-40 minutes to the reef) and fishing as well as tours to some close-in places to see monkeys and a wide variety of birds and a few sloths.