Search

Honeymoon in Cancun

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5th, 2004, 02:49 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Honeymoon in Cancun

Please help-I will be honeymooning in Cancun in late June this summer and I don't want to run into the college kids partying! If anyone knows an all inclusive place that would also be romantic-please reply!
Old Jan 6th, 2004, 07:09 AM

We've gone to Cancun the last week of June the last two years and haven't noticed a large number of college kids at that time. There are lots of families - but both depend on which hotel you stay at. The college kids tend to congregate at 3 or 4 hotels. You rarely see them at the upscale hotels. You should be okay.

There is a new hotel that just opened this summer called Riu Cancun - it is a nice property. They are AI and located at the north end of the hotel zone. Surf is calmer there.

Another one is Golden Crown Paradise. It is AI and is adults only. It's located a little further south and has a great beach.
Old Jan 7th, 2004, 05:14 AM

Golden Crown would be a good choice but don't limit yourself to AI necessarily. There are too many good restaurants in Cancun to experience and some, like LaHabichuela in the garden are as romantic as they come!!

Omni and Marriot Casa Magna would also be good choices.
Old Jan 7th, 2004, 06:58 AM

The Omni is a great hotel and has one of the best AI's in Cancun. Food is terrific and they serve top shelf liquor and bottled beer. They have an excellent staff as well.

Eating out in Cancun can be quite expensive. So AI may be a better choice depending on your budget. Even if you go AI you can still enjoy an occasional meal outside the hotel if you want to try some of the local restaurants.
Old Jan 7th, 2004, 08:21 AM

Since this is your honeymoon I would say splurge and go for the best. The all inclusive do not give you luxury that you should have on your honeymoon I do not know of any luxury hotel in Cancun that offers this. If you don't have a problem w/money then I would suggest either the Fiesta American Grand Coral Beach or the Ritz Carlton the JW Marriott or even Le Meridien they are top notch hotels a little expensive but so worth it especially for your honeymoon. I stayed at the Fiesta and at the Marriott you won't find any college kids at am=ny of the places. If you need any more help please ask.
Old Jan 7th, 2004, 08:26 AM

One more thing youm might want to think about the Riviera Maya it is about 45 minutes from Cancun but has so much more to offer. There are a few Adults only resorts that cater to honeymooners
next time I go to Cancun I will go there. A daughter of a friend of mine went to Aventura Palace for her honeymoon loved it. Also there is Royal Hideaway which is the best all inclusive in that whole area.
Old Jan 7th, 2004, 09:18 AM

What is the beach like at this resort? not the manmade one, but the actual ocean. Looks like all rocks to me
Old Jan 7th, 2004, 02:54 PM

I've done a ton of research on Riviera hotels and have narrowed it down to 2--The Aventura Spa Palace and the Royal Hideaway. The Royal Hideaway is considerably more expensive, but is a more luxerious hotel. The food also seems to be quite a bit better. Aventura's beach is man made, but from reading COUNTLESS reviews, its not a big deal. Especialy since there is another Palace hotel only 5 min away with one of the best beaches on the coast (so I've heard). We will be getting married and honeymooning in one or the other (all depends on finances). So if you want to splurg, I'd go with Royal Hideaway. I think Royal also has a 13+ age limit. Aventura's is 18+. I have to say, I've been to Cancun in August and it is definately a party atmosphere and I would never consider going for my honeymoon. If that is what your looking for, go for it, otherwise I would head down to the Mayan Riviera as previously suggested. But the partying is not the only problem with Cancun. We had kids splashing pool water in our drinks, screaming, crying, just being kids, something most people don't want on their honeymoon. So no matter where you go, try and find a hotel with an age limit or adults only policy. Beware though, I've heard women have been know to sunbathe toppless and if that is something that would bother you greatly, adults-only may not be for you. Good luck with your plans!
Old Jan 7th, 2004, 03:23 PM
iceeu2

Excuse my ignorance......but, just who or what is Al?

Old Jan 8th, 2004, 03:36 AM

Iceeu2 - "AI" means all-inclusive. I have read where you have posted about being interested in going to Mexico this year. I am not a huge AI fan, but there are times where it suits our needs and works out well. If you are interested in going AI, I highly recommend Royal Hideaway. It is one of the few that I have found to be well worth the money. At the more famous AI resorts (Sandals, Couples etc), my husband and I have found that there is no way we would ever get our money's worth. At Royal Hideaway we did. However, there are plenty other non AI's out there that are great.