Girls Trip In Playa del Carmen

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9th, 2008, 07:57 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This year the gals have decided to go to Playa Del Carmen. We are looking for an excellent hotel. We just got back from Esperanza in Cabo san Lucas. We LOVED this hotel. It was absolutely beautiful, the food was outstanding, the rooms were very well done with palapa ceilings and excellent amenities. I am having a hard time finding a hotel in Playa. It seems like many of the hotels are all inclusive. And, we are worried that the food will just be sub-par if that is the case. We usually like to eat at the hotel, but love to find exellent restaurants within the town too. All in all, this is our "go big or go home" trip. It seems like many of the hotels are very opulent and European, but we are looking for something that has a bit more warmth. Just wondering if some of you can point me in the right direction. If you have been to Esperanza, you will know what I mean. The staff at this hotel was truly amazing. On a hourly basis, coconut popsicles, massueses giving foot massages or someone handing out I-pods were just some of the things they did to make their guests feel extra special. Thanks
Old Feb 10th, 2008, 06:11 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Look into the Mayakoba resorts in the Playa area. Right in Plya is an adults only All Inclusvie (with goos foor) that is great. The Royal Playa del Carmen. It's a five minute walk from Fifth Ave. and downtown Playa. Grat service, good beach and food.
Old Feb 10th, 2008, 06:11 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My typing needs some work...that should be good food and great service.
Old Feb 11th, 2008, 10:33 AM

look into mosquito beach - it is on the beach and i thought was great! room was somewhat small, but could not beat location - right in town! as far as eating out in playa - john grey's place, madre tierra were great.
Old Feb 12th, 2008, 04:36 AM
KVR

Many of the hotels in the Riviera Maya are AI because they are set so far away from the actual town of Playa del Carmen. There are no restaurants or bars close by. If your not wanting to do an AI research hotels that are in the area of Playa del Carmen.

We stayed at the Royal Playa del Carmen and enjoyed it. However, it does not provide the amenties and services you mentioned you received in Cabo San Lucas. The location is great within walking distance to 5th Avenue where there are tons of restaurants, sidewalk cafes and bars.

Also look at Excellance Riviera, Royal Hideaway and Grand Iberostar Parasio. They are all AI hotels set outside of Playa, but are considered more upscale.