Gala Resort in Huatulco

Old Jun 26th, 2002, 07:30 AM
Peggy

Gala Resort in Huatulco

Has anyone stayed at this resort? I would like an honest opinion and/or comments. Thank you.

Old Jun 27th, 2002, 04:45 AM
Monica

Peggy: Two friends and I stayed there for 4 nites/5 days this past March. This was our 2nd a/i(last year, we stayed at Riu Palace in PDC)and we enjoyed it..excellent service, food, beach. I would definitely return. Please post your specific questions or e-mail me direct. Huatulco has not yet become an overdeveloped area. Although it's very laid back, there are plenty of excursions and watersports to consider.

Old Jun 27th, 2002, 08:22 AM
Texas Pepper

Peggy:

I spent a week before it was called the Gala. Loved it then and would love to go now. I have a site with a good size photo and info section. Go to
http://www.texaspepper.net

Old Jun 27th, 2002, 09:51 AM
Peggy

Thank you both Monica and Texas... I am considering this resort however never stayed at a A/I. Is there a dress code for the restaurants at Gala, as I have seen at many A/I's. I hope not!

Old Jun 28th, 2002, 04:59 AM
Monica

I found everyone to be dressed quite casually..would suggest slacks, capris, or sundress for a la carte restaurants. Coming from the beach at lunchtime, we would throw on a top/pareo over swimsuit for buffet. For dinner buffets, again, most were dressed informally, anything from shorts to dresses.

Old Jul 16th, 2002, 08:00 AM
Geri

The most informative site I've found on all aspects of Huatulco is <Tomzap.com>. Once there, follow links to Oaxaca and then Huatulco.