Reload this Page >

Melia Tropical, family resort?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25th, 2002, 07:18 PM
John

Is the Melia Tropical in Punta Cana DR a good family resort? Any info would be appreciated on the resort.<BR><BR>Thanks,<BR>John

Old Jun 26th, 2002, 10:38 AM
anon

My husband and I spent a week at Melia Tropical in 2001, it was definitely a family resort, nice pool, great beach, very good food. We saw lots of children and it looked like they were all having fun.<BR><BR>We enjoyed DR and would defintely stay at MT again.

Old Jun 27th, 2002, 05:42 PM
John

Anon, Thanks for your response.<BR><BR>One question I have, do the men have to wear long pants at all the places for dinner? Can you wear shorts to the buffets?<BR><BR>Thanks,<BR>John

Old Jun 28th, 2002, 07:37 AM
anon

Hi John, my hubby did not have to wear long pants to the buffets at night. He wore tshirt and shorts with sandals to buffets. The buffets, btw, were very good, much better than usual, especially the italian.<BR><BR>The food was definitely a highlight at this resort, which is amazing considering it's size. Even the lunch buffet by the pool was very good.<BR><BR>We recently spent a week at a Barcelo resort in mexico this summer and the food was much worse by comparison.<BR><BR>You will enjoy the Tropical. The rooms are very spacious and the staff are very nice. The spa was great too...I had a massage and it was wonderful.<BR><BR>Also, the beach area to the north of the resort is undeveloped and it was nice to walk along the beach. One thing about Punta Cana that we loved was the great walking beach. You could walk for miles (taking dips along the way to cool off =)<BR><BR>Have fun!

Old Jun 28th, 2002, 10:12 AM
John

Anon,<BR><BR>Could you please e-mail me at [email protected].<BR><BR>I have several questions I would like to have your input on scince you have been to the Melia Tropical & DR.<BR><BR>Thanks,<BR>John