Search

El Faro Hotel In Playa

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16th, 2002, 12:17 PM
Ron

El Faro Hotel In Playa

Has anyone stayed at this hotel? If so, what did you think about the rooms and the beach?

Old Jul 16th, 2002, 12:21 PM
Mary

The ElFaro is very nice. It is small, only 25 rooms. The grounds and beach are kept immuculate. Rooms not real big, but nice. Price includes extras not offered at other hotels on the beach. It is in a good location and its a very secure and safe place. Can help if you have other questions.

Old Jul 16th, 2002, 12:42 PM
Ron

Thanks for the response Mary. Did you stay in one of the rooms with A/C or just a ceiling fan? I'm going to Play in the middle of November so I'm not sure if we need the a/c, but it may not hurt to have it just in case.<BR><BR>Would you consider the El Faro to be somewhat romantic? This will be a honeymoon trip and we are staying the first 5 nights at an all-inclusive and wanted to stay the last 5 nights at a regular hotel.<BR><BR>Would you recommend any other hotel over the El Faro?

Old Jul 16th, 2002, 12:56 PM
Mary

Ron, I have not stayed there but have had family stay there and they just loved it and I did see the rooms. They are very nice, just not huge rooms. ElFaro is defintily very romantic. However, the rooms that have only ceiling fans are not that nice and I think you would be very disappointed if you booked one of them. You should try and book one of the rooms facing the water. They are the most expensive, but for someone on a honeymoon, worth it. If you are interested in a very nice small hotel on the beach but not as expensive as the ElFaro(and not as fancy)then look into the Hotel Colibri. Very charming hotel.

Old Jul 16th, 2002, 01:10 PM
Ron

Thanks again Mary. I also have an ex-coworker that recommended the El Faro so I think that will be the choice.

Old Jul 17th, 2002, 06:21 AM
eileen

I considered El Faro and ended up choosing Shangri-La Caribe which is further down the beach. In my opinion the atmosphere is much more romantic. The main problem at El Faro is the beach. Erosion has severely impacted the beach in that area and it is in a much more crowded area with all kinds of small boats tethered to the beach and it is just not that nice. I was there in April. If I recall Shangri-La was not much more $$ than El Faro because breakfast and dinner is included. Do a search for my comments.

Old Jul 17th, 2002, 10:21 AM
Mary

I happen to think that although the Shangri-La is nice and the beach is very nice, the ElFaro is much more romantic. And as for its beach, we were there in June and the beach had come back quite a bit and there no boats in front of the El faro, because the owner will not allow it. Breakfast is included in the price and since diiner is not, you are not stuck eating at the same place every night. And one other thing-the Shrangi-La is really out of the way from everything.

Old Jul 17th, 2002, 10:52 AM
Ron

Thanks Mary and Eileen for your responses. Since this will be our first time to the Playa area I think we will go with the El Faro since its closer to 5th avenue etc.. From the pictures I saw the beach at the El Faro looks great, however, I'm sure we will take a walk up to the other beach as well.