EL FARO HOTEL IN PLAYA

Old Aug 16th, 2002, 02:33 PM
Adam

EL FARO HOTEL IN PLAYA

Does anyone have any information regarding this hotel? Would you consider it a luxury hotel?

Old Aug 16th, 2002, 03:18 PM
Monica

Not sure what you mean by luxury, but it is one of the nicest hotels in Playa on the beach. The rooms are not big, but are nice. The grounds are kept immaculate as is the beach. The price includes breakfast off the menu at their restaurant, big beach towels, very nice beach chairs and umbrellas and Miami Herald-Cancun edition every morning. It has a nice pool, bar by the pool and as I stated the restaurant, which serves breakfast, lunch and snacks. The food is very good and the service is great. The waiters will wait on you poolside or on the beach. As I said the beach is kept clean and the owner has even marked off the water to keep the boats out. Need more e-mail me.

Old Aug 16th, 2002, 03:57 PM
Adam

Thanks for the reply Monica. From your comments and looking at the web-site for the El Faro, it looks like a really nice place. I'm looking for a small hotel to spend part of honeymoon. We are staying at a larger AI for the first part. I think El Faro will be a good choice.

Old Aug 16th, 2002, 04:13 PM
eileen

I'd like to recommend the Shangri-La Caribe over El Faro. It's on a much nicer stretch of beach than El Faro. I think both of them are a far cry from a "luxury resort" but we loved the lushness of the Shangri-La grounds and the mexican ambience in the decor. If you want a luxury resort in the area, try Royal Hideaway.

Old Aug 16th, 2002, 04:25 PM
Mary

The Royal Hideaway is another al. I would recommend the El faro over the Shangri-la. I stayed at both and what I liked about the ElFaro that Monica did not point out-its so close to everything whereby the Shangri-la is way out there. Also the ElFaro only has 25 rooms(try and get the rooms in front facing the ocean)

Old Aug 16th, 2002, 04:35 PM
Adam

Thanks for all the information. I think I'll look into making a reservation at the El Faro.

Old Aug 17th, 2002, 03:47 AM
sue

Does anyone have a website for El Faro? are there package deals available or do you need to book air separate from the hotel? Thanks in advance

Old Aug 17th, 2002, 10:25 AM
Monica

I cannot find their website-when I do I will post or maybe someone else can help. I so have a phone number and it is 011 52 984 87 30970. As for packages the ElFaro does not offer packages with air. To my knowledge, only the Porto Real and the Contitental Plaza offer packages with air.

Old Aug 18th, 2002, 05:40 AM
Tasha

www.hotelelfaro.com. Now everyone, shhhh on this incredible hotel, before it gets too popular

Old Aug 19th, 2002, 05:05 AM
eileen

We easily walked down the beach from Shangri-La to downtown. I didn't like the El Faro location. There is hardly any beach at El Faro at all and since it is downtown, it seems hemmed in by buildings and all the fishermen have their boats tied up there so it is hard to walk along the beach. Just my opinion. The stretch at Shangri-La is much nicer -- the hotel has a long stretch of beach so it does not seem crowded.