Did you see Miss Universe Contest

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2nd, 2004, 07:06 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For all you people planning a trip to the Galapagos in the near furture as well as Quito Ecuador......
I hope you watched the Miss Universe contest on TV on June 1st.

They showed many of the highlites of Quito , the lovely places in old Quito, the statue of the Virgin on the hill , as well as Mita del Mundo (the Equator line) etc, also the Otavalo Market place outside of Quito.
Then they showed the Galapagos Islands and the Yacht Isabella ll, ( as the top five Contestant will get a 5 days Galapagos cruise on this yach , the Isabella 11.

Since I was there nine months ago , it was nice to see all these places again , but it would have been a nice introduction for those in the process of planning a trip to Quito and the Galapagos.
No !! I do not usually watch the Miss Universe but this one was from Quito Ecuador.

Percy
Old Jun 3rd, 2004, 04:16 AM

Hi Percy,
Yes, I watched it (I don't usually either), but we were flipping channels and I heard them announce Miss Costa Rica for the final ten and we stayed tune. Being filmed in Quito made it especially interested with the footage of the Galapagos and I thought about my fellow fodorites--you and all of your G. postings. It looks beautiful. Perhaps one day we will travel there. Btw, I've enjoyed ALL of your posts, not just the CR ones!
Old Jun 3rd, 2004, 06:24 AM

Hi Percy! I caught the Miss Universe Pagent as well. The country side is beautiful. Can't wait to go!
Old Jun 3rd, 2004, 10:29 AM

We were there when the first contestants arrived. The Marriott hotel must have been surrounded by 200 uniformed police and guards. We had to go through metal detectors just to enter. It didn't even occur to me to watch it on TV though!
Old Jun 3rd, 2004, 12:09 PM
peg

Percy,

Only you would think of posting that. (HA)

I was wondering though if they were staying at the Marriott, it seemed like the logical place.
Old Jun 3rd, 2004, 01:33 PM

Yep, that's where the contestants stayed. You should have seen all the teenage boys milling around in the lobby with their camera phones!