CPF?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13th, 2002, 02:31 AM
Kate

CPF?

Hi,<BR>I'm desperately trying to book a Brazilian flight with Gol, but the website is not in English. I'm fine up until the point where it asks for the CPF(or CGC) of the card holder. Can anyone shed any light on what a CPF is? I'm trying to book this tonight but am becoming increasingly frustrated. <BR>If it means social security number, what should Australians enter instead?

Old Dec 13th, 2002, 02:33 AM
Kate

oh, by the way I have tried getting in touch with the airline but the only phone number I have is an internal one, which I can't use

Old Dec 13th, 2002, 05:30 AM
Don

Hi, I believe that it is your zip code, well that's what we call it in the US anyway.

Old Dec 14th, 2002, 12:12 AM
Tim

CPF means &quot;Cadastro de Pessoas F&iacute;sicas&quot; and is something like a tax-number.<BR>Kate has confounded CPF with CEP, wath would be the ZIP code.<BR>In the lonelyplanet forum I have read that is is virtually impossible to book a flight with gol online without CPF. Sorry.<BR>TIM

Old Dec 14th, 2002, 08:15 AM
cara

gol is an airline that serves the brazilian piblic, they don't even accept credit cards that are issued abroad. your best bet is to book in person and pay cash. good luck...

Old Dec 15th, 2002, 11:58 AM
Evelyn

Hello Kate, <BR><BR>you are right, you need a CPF -number if you want to book a GOL-flight online, so for a tourist it is unpossible to book a flight via their Webside.<BR>I tried also to ask them in their service-chat, but was told that it is only possible for a touist in Brazil booking a flight with GOL (by going to airport and giving them cash or by a tourist operator maybe).<BR><BR>Hope to help you with this info...<BR><BR>Greetings<BR>Evelyn<BR>