European Airline Confirm Emails

Mar 12th, 2007, 07:07 AM
Original Poster

European Airline Confirm Emails

Hi Everyone,

I booked a Vueling flight on their web site and got no confirmation e-mail and then I booked a flight on Ryan Air's web site and my browser blew up before I had a chance to print the confirmation page. Both sites said that a confirmation e-mail would go out but I haven't gotten any yet. I booked the Vueling flight a few days ago and the Ryan Air just a short while ago. This is making me nervous. Has anyone had experience booking flights on either of these sites? Should I assume that everyone went throught ok?

Thanks.
Mar 12th, 2007, 07:12 AM

No, don't assume that everything went okay if you haven't gotten a confirmation email. Check your spam folder in the inbox, and if nothing, then phone them to confirm that they do have your booking.

If you have any doubts as to whether your booking went through, phone them. They will help.
Mar 12th, 2007, 07:40 AM

Before calling the airline (could prove expensive as some of these budget airlines can only be contacted via expensive premium rate phone numbers), I'd call your credit card company to find out whether the charge has gone through. If so, then call the airline to find out why you have received no confirmation.
Mar 12th, 2007, 07:45 AM

Definitely check your credit card statement (do it on-line if you can so you can see all the reference info yourself). Oftentimes, there will be a ticket # on the charge description. It would help if you had this number handy when you call or email the airlines.

Don't call Ryanair unless it's on someone else's dime -- try to reach them through email first. As part of their money saving policy they have very few customer service staff to speak with by phone and no toll free number.
Mar 12th, 2007, 07:53 AM

I've always received confirmation e-mails from both airlines. I think you won't have problems if you actually saw the confirmation page but checking your credit card is a good idea and also emailing them to ask.
Mar 12th, 2007, 10:53 AM

If you can double check that you keyed your e-mail address correctly.
Mar 13th, 2007, 06:17 AM
Original Poster

Thanks to everyone for the great info!