Apartment rentals in Germany ??

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11th, 2007, 06:26 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My husband and I are toying with the idea of spending a month in Germany. We're thinking of renting apartments for a week at a time in 4 different locations. How would I go about searching for such apartments? Google hasn't revealed much. Neither has a search of this archive.

I'm particularly interested in finding something in Wurzburg, if anyone of you can make a personal recommendation.

Thanks!
Old Mar 11th, 2007, 07:18 PM

A very good site for germany:

www.accommodation.de

You'll generally find vacation apartments in places less urban than Würzburg - places where Germans vacation - the countryside, spa towns, farms, wine production areas, the beach, lakes, resort areas. Fortunately these places are spread nicely around the country. For Würzburg, check nearby Sommerhausen and other smaller towns in the area.

Old Mar 11th, 2007, 07:29 PM

Here is a place we stayed last spring on the Romatic Road that was very reasonable. We only stayed for 4 nights and paid around 45 Euro with breakfast. The owners don't speak English, but it turned out not to be a problem. It's in a small town between Rothenburg and Dinkelbuhl. Has a full kitchen and encompases the entire upstairs of the house. (having trouble posting the link. Click on the second half, seem to work then)

http://translate.google.com/translat...andert%2Ede%2F
Old Mar 12th, 2007, 12:19 AM

The easiest and IMHO only sensible way of looking for holiday apartments in Germany is via the local tourist offices. Most of these apartments belong to private owners and won't be found by larger portals. The tourist offices, however, know everything and everyone in their town.

Check the websites of the tourist offices of the places you want to stay. Usually the link is something like www."insert name of place".de, or use a search engine to find it. At least larger and/or more touristy places have an English version of their website.

Many of these websites have online booking systems. If you don't get along with that, or if the website is in German only, or if you want detailed recommendations, phone the tourist office and tell them exactly what you are looking for. It's their job to answer these questions and help and do the booking. And yes, they can be expected to speak English.

Insert an additional "e" and google for "Wuerzburg", otherwise you won't find it.
http://www.wuerzburg.de/hotels-eng/ has a link to a list of 29 holiday apartments in and around Würzburg.

Self-catered apartments become more and more popular. They are typical for rural areas but there is an increasing number of apartments in cities. I found a wide choice, for example, in Munich, Dresden and Erfurt.
Old Mar 12th, 2007, 12:59 AM

i think googling the words "ferien wohnungen" will help.
Old Mar 12th, 2007, 01:51 AM
J62

google the single word ferienwohnung, followed by the town.

"ferienwohnung heidelberg"

will pull up lots of listings in German. Many websites will have an English version.
Old Mar 12th, 2007, 05:34 PM
Original Poster

Thanks to all of you for your help! Looks like I have a bit of research to do. My husband and I really need to decide which cities would be best for "daytripping." Any suggestions you might have will be warmly recieved.
Thanks again!
Old Mar 13th, 2007, 06:27 AM

This will sound a little bit random, but if you guys would like to spend part of your trip way off the beaten path and if ou enjoy outdoor activities (walks, canoeing, biking), I would recommend spending a few days in an apartment in a small town called Eichstätt in the Altmuhl valley (Germant's biggest national park). It is this ridiculously beautiful little Baroque jewel of a town in a gorgeous valley. I went in the off-season, and I got the feeling that it was a really popular place for European famililes to spend summer vacation.
www.eichstaett.de Click on tourismus near the top and then ubernachten to look for apartments.
www.naturpark-altmuehltal.de