Search

Cozumel - Presidente Question?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10th, 2004, 09:52 AM
TVL
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cozumel - Presidente Question?

I appreciate any help with my question. I read somewhere that there is a card that you can purchase from Intercontinental (club card?) that will upgrade your room to an oceanfront room. I believe it was around $150 (?). How do you obtain this card and how much is it? Thank you so much for all of your help!!
Old Mar 10th, 2004, 10:21 AM

It used to be called the Six Continents Club and you can find all of the info about it on the InterContinental website at:

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/pc/1/en/home

I think it's called the Priority Club now. It used to be only $35, then it went up to $50, and now I see where it is $150. But WE can renew for ONLY $100. No thanks!

Hope this helps. It's a great property and you'll be very pleased with whatever category you select.

They will upgrade you one category at the hotel, and the hotel has three or four categories, so if you get the least expensive, (garden rooms) you will get an upgrade to an oveanview in the tower. If you get a tower room, you will upgrade to an oceanfront room which is on the second floor in the lowrise wing. If you get a ocf room, they'll bump you to a beachfront dlx on the first floor of the lowrise wing.
They will not bump you to a reef room from a beach front dlx.

I've stayed in all of the room categories, and for the money, I think the oceanfront rooms on the 2nd floor are best. You get a great view and don't have to worry about having someone overhead tromping on the tile floors. (Which happened to us once.)
Old Mar 10th, 2004, 10:23 AM

bump due to technical difficulties with site...
Old Mar 10th, 2004, 02:22 PM
TVL
Original Poster

Thanks Diana! You are truly a wealth of information. I appreciate all of your help and I am looking forward to our trip!
Old Mar 11th, 2004, 03:49 AM

You're most welcome!

Have a great time and let me know if you have any further questions re the hotel or the island...
Old Mar 11th, 2004, 07:06 AM
TVL
Original Poster

Diana,
Thanks for your help and the information. We were looking at our choices and there is about a $250 overall price difference for our stay between the oceanview and the oceanfront rooms. We were wondering- are the rooms the same size? and do the oceanview rooms have a balcony with a view/sound of the ocean or is it far from the ocean? I am leaning towards oceanfront but we rarely spend time in our room on vacation but it sounds wonderful!! (= I really appreciate your help! You have been so kind!
Old Mar 11th, 2004, 08:16 AM

How long are you staying and when are you going?

If you are staying for a week or longer, it might be worth it to pay the extra to get in one of the ocf rooms. The tower rooms are a bit smaller and not quite as much light coming in as the other rooms.

All of the rooms on the upper floors have a balcony, but the tower rooms are further back from the beach.

If you go during off-season, and have a reservation for an ocv room, they might upgrade you to an ocf for free if you ask nicely and give them a big smile

OR, you could pay the $150 for the Priority Club, get an ocv and get upgraded to the ocf.

We rarely spend much time inside on vacation either, and the rooms are all nice there with not that much difference between the categories until you get up to the Reef rooms.
Old Mar 11th, 2004, 05:20 PM
TVL
Original Poster

Diana,
Thank you so much for the feedback! We are planning to go in May for about 5 days. We have signed up for the Ambassador club to receive the free upgrade. We are hoping to stay in the oceanfront room. Originally, we were planning to visit Los Cabos but I am so glad we changed!! (= Thanks for all of your great advice! You have answered all of my previous posts and I appreciate your help!! Have a great weekend! (=
Old Mar 12th, 2004, 10:22 AM

In addition to receiving an upgrade, by joining the Ambassador club you will also receive a certificate for a free weekend night with a minimum 2 night weekend stay. This alone will likely pay for the cost of joining the program. We joined prior to our stay at the Presidente last year and only paid for 6 nights of our 7 night stay and got the upgrade to the oceanfront room.

Old May 19th, 2004, 05:46 PM

How is the beach at the Intercont Presidente in Cozumel? How are the rooms?=
Old May 21st, 2004, 05:24 AM

ttt
Old May 21st, 2004, 01:08 PM
TVL
Original Poster

Budg,
I just returned from our first trip to Cozumel and stayed at the Presidente. The beach is nice (clear/see through water) and relaxing (w/chairs& palapas) but not the "white sand" kind of beach like Cancun. BUT the snorkeling/diving is awesome!! You can just jump in right at the beach and you can view amazing fish and reefs! We brought our own equipment due b/c of what we read on this site and we were so glad we did. We snorkeled each morning and had a blast!! We stayed beachfront deluxe and it was a "nice" room w/tile floors and a great view! Depending on your situation, I would definitely check into the Ambassador card (it really will pay for itself w/the free night certificate). You are going to have an awesome time!!
Old May 24th, 2004, 07:29 AM

Thanks for the info. We prefer a nice calm beach with nice sand, so we might stay back in Cancun or Playa. Thanks again.
Old May 24th, 2004, 08:25 AM
TVL
Original Poster

Budg,
You are welcome! But I am afraid I conveyed the wrong message! Cozumel- does have clear/blue water and very relaxing but just not the crystal white sand like Cancun. Cancun was really crowded and although the beach was nice, the surf was rough. At the Presidente you have the clear blue beach and you can swim. BUT you can also just hop in on your own time and snorkel at the beach. After research, the location of the resort is one of the best spots to snorkel. We saw amazing fish and some people even saw an "eagle ray". Playa Del Carmen was nice but the beach seemed crowded all the time. Cozumel and PDC are just a ferry apart. Out of all the places, we enjoyed Cozumel the best for the snorkeling and the more relaxing beach. Although, Cancun's beach was nice to look at the high rise atmosphere and the beach being rough was not our favorite. Cozumel and PDC also had more flavor and in our opinion, a lot better food! If you go to PDC, we really enjoyed Yaxche! Good Luck and I am sorry for the long reply but I didn't want you to get the wrong impression. Cozumel is an amazing experience!
Old May 25th, 2004, 08:49 AM

To: TVL

Thanks, I understand what you are saying. I guess it depends on what time of the year you go. I did not enjoy "Cancun" but I loved the white sand and clear blue waters. In October, it was extremely calm and swimmable. Isla Mujeres & Xcaret were great for snorkeling. I have also been to PDC before the boom, as a matter of fact there was only 1 large hotel under construction when we went, about 13 years ago, and it was fabulous (beaches, etc). Thanks again!