Orchid Room Catagory

Search

Orchid Room Catagory

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27th, 2003, 01:55 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Orchid Room Catagory

I have planned our family trip to the Fairmont Orchid on the Big Island. Because this trips needs to be on a budget we have
booked the Terrace catagory. How bad will this be ?? I can't afford The delux ocean view but how different is Terrace from Garden
view?? Is it worth the extra money for Garden?? My husband and I will spend time in the room in the evenings after our son goes to bed.

Please help. Thank you.
Old Apr 27th, 2003, 05:34 PM

Only you can answer this question.
It's like asking "how much should I spend on a good bottle of wine?" or "is expensive jewelry worth having?".
Of course the views from the full ocean view rooms are great--that's why they cost so much more. The terrace rooms offer either no view or golf course views. I've stayed in both. The terrace room was essentially the same on the inside (except smaller since the OV was a suite). Sure, I prefer the OV. But your budget and financial condition are known only to you.
If you can afford the OV, yes, it will enhance your trip.
If the extra money for the OV will leave you stressed and will create unrealistic expectations about how much better the room should be, then it probably won't be worth it for you.
Old Apr 27th, 2003, 05:50 PM
Original Poster

Thank you for your reply. I do know that OV is better. I have had OV at many other hotels in Hawaii. What I was
wondering about is if the Garden view was much better than Terrace view at this particular hotel. On this particular trip I cannot afford OV.

Thank you
Old Apr 28th, 2003, 01:34 AM

I have no personal knowledge of this hotel but are you a mamber of the Fairmont Presidents Club? Its free to join and sometimes you get a better room than you booked. we got a central park view exec room for the price of a standard at the NY plaza this way,it could of been luck but it helps to have priority check in I think. there website is www.fairmont.com btw
Old Apr 28th, 2003, 06:16 AM

That's good advice.
Most of the hotel guest rewards programs are free and many times (when the hotel is less than 80% booked) you will be given some type of consideration simply because you're a member.