Search

Palazzo Sasso

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8th, 2003, 09:04 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Palazzo Sasso

At the end of our honeymoon, we are staying in Positano for a few nights in a suite with a seaview at Hotel Poseidon. Then, we are moving on to Ravello and Palazzo Sasso. This may be a no brainer, but should I go seaview here too or moutainview? Thanks.
Old Sep 8th, 2003, 01:21 PM

Hi junebride04,
Congratulations and much happiness always. I have not been to the palazzo sasso yet but am going. In my "research" I received an email from someone who had critiqued this hotel on another site. He said if you need to save money don't worry about a seaview as there are a lot of public spaces with the beautiful view. It might depend upon how much time you will spend in your room also. (honeymoon) I wish I had first hand info for you. I do believe you should get the room with sea view if money does not matter. Otherwise, you might take the advice of my emailer. Also, there is a review of this hotel on slowtrav.com about a king mountain room that is most helpful. Check it out.
Old Sep 9th, 2003, 04:59 AM
Original Poster

Thank you so much! I will check out that site!!
Old Sep 9th, 2003, 10:09 AM

Hi junebride04,
You might want to read ratings of this hotel also on tripadvisor.
Old Mar 22nd, 2004, 12:58 PM

I don't know if you have already booked by now, but I stayed at Palazzo Sasso in September 03 and thought I'd offer my two cents. We booked the lowest category room- a queen mountain view, planning to hang out on the pool deck and not in the room so much. The problem was, it rained at least part of every day we were there, so we did spend more time indoors than planned. For that reason, I wished we had sprung for a more spacious room because we really did end up hanging out there quite a bit. The view wasn't bad- it was over the street which was pedestrian and quite pretty- but the room was tiny. Like a (nicely decorated) shoebox. In retrospect, I would give more attention to the room size and book at least a king room, regardless of the view, just to have a place to put our suitcases. The public areas of the hotel are gorgeous and the room furnishings very nice. If you can afford the sea view KING size room, by all means book it and enjoy! However, if it's not in your budget, you may want to think about whether you value the view from the window (there are really no balconies) or the extra space more. I believe a small seaview room was about equal in price to a large mountain view room, so it's a matter of priority. You will enjoy the Palazzo- very romantic and perfect for a honeymoon! Have fun.
Old Mar 22nd, 2004, 01:42 PM

It would be a shame to stay at the Sasso and not have a view of the coast (over Minori & Maiori).Enjoy your stay here in Ravello.