Search

Capitan Suizo: AC or no AC

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29th, 2004, 08:45 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Capitan Suizo: AC or no AC

My wife and I have decided to stay at Capitan Suizo in late July but cannot make up our minds about whether to stay in the bungalows without AC or the rooms with AC. I'm trying to get a feel for how hot it is at night in the bungalows w/o AC. Do the rooms provide enough breeze to keep the temps in the low 70's? How about during the day, what temperatures can be expected in the bungalows? Also, what is the average temperature in CR in July?
Old Apr 29th, 2004, 09:16 AM
Iza

We stayed in a room with A/C the first time around and on our last two trips we opted for a bungalow without A/C. The bungalows are well designed for cross ventilation and have ample shade areas (with covered porches on two sides). There are also adequate fans. We generally like the bungalows closest to the ocean since this way you get the best breeze. We were very comfortable but we generally do not like using A/C unless it is VERY hot and humid. It really depends on your personal comfort level and what you are used to. Which part of the US are you coming from? We are from Connecticut and don't find CR any hotter in the summer than it is back home. In fact, during our last two trips, it was much cooler in CR than it was back home.
Old Apr 29th, 2004, 11:40 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the help. We're coming from Tennessee. We're just not sure what kind of temps to expect at night in the bungalows. What is the temperature at night in July? If it gets down into the 70's with breeze, we might be able to hack it. How about the daytime temps, are they usually in the 90's and humid?
Old Apr 29th, 2004, 12:48 PM
Iza

The day time temps will be generally in the high 80s but it is not very humid in that part of Costa Rica. I don't know about the temps at night. If you feel that you may be uncomfortable, why don't you get a room with A/C? Those rooms are very nice and spacious as well.
Old Apr 29th, 2004, 02:16 PM
Original Poster

From what I've read, the bungalows seem to be more private and that aspect is appealing to us.
Old Apr 29th, 2004, 05:02 PM
Iza

They are definitely more private and have more space. It is really hard to advise you on this issue because so much depends on the personal comfort level but we generally find little need for A/C in Costa Rica unless we are away from the beach and not in the mountains. If you are right on the beach, the breezes make it very comfortable and it high altitudes it gets chilly at night.

At Capitan Suizo, the bungalow we asked for and got the last 2 times is #4 which is closest to the beach and the pool. There is antother bungalow which is # either 5 or 8 (I can't remember how they are numbered in that group) that is the first from the beach in the other group of bungalows and that one is even more private than #4. I think both would be very comfortable without A/C. We like #4 better because we can sit on our private deck chairs on the porch of the bungalow and still keep an eye on our daughter playing in the pool.
Old Apr 30th, 2004, 07:32 AM

My husband is down the road a couple hours in Nosara and he has told me that right now, it's the hottest and must humid he has ever experienced in all his trips...about 12 I think. I don't know if July would be any better, but personally, I can't sleep if I'm hot so we always try to get AC.
Old May 2nd, 2004, 05:32 PM

Iza - We have reserved a bungalow at Capitan Suizo for 4 nights at the end of June - were you able to request a specific bungalow when you made your reservations in the past? We will be traveling with our 10 and 12 year olds, so #4 sounds good to us also. I was relieved to find out when we contacted them that horses are no longer allowed on the beach, after all the pollution and traffic the horseback riding adventures caused. Hope it will make a difference. Thanks for all the information you share with us first timers - your feedback has been invaluable!
Old May 3rd, 2004, 08:25 AM
Iza

Golondrina, we were able to request a specific bungalow and Capitan Suizo was very good about making sure we get it. Be aware that because #4 is very close to the beach and the water, the sound of the surf can be very loud at night. We loved it, but it may be disturbing if you are not used to it.

I think not having horses on the beach will make a big difference in water and sand quality.