Advice on Costa Verde II hotel

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 16th, 2005, 06:52 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I see that Costa Verde II ( near MA) has open air rooms overloking the water. They have fans but no AC. We are considering staying there in June but will it be comfortable without AC. How about insects, humidity ??
Feedback is appreciated. Thanks
Old May 17th, 2005, 02:58 AM

The rooms here are all screened in , but high on a bluff so usually a bit of a breeze in the evening . We stayed there and had air co. in our room , but the fan was enough ....( only used the fan ) I find the bugs much , much , worse here in Canada !!!! And , yup , it will be humid !
Old May 19th, 2005, 04:37 AM

Costa Verda is a great hotel; I stayed there a couple years ago, except we had a room with AC. I live in South Florida, and personally I can't imagine opening my screened windows in June and being comfortable without AC. (However, we Floridians are pretty used to living with a lot of AC.) It will definitely be hot and sticky (it's very humid, even here in FL).
Old May 19th, 2005, 08:13 PM

As I understand it, Costa Verde II is for adults only and does not have air conditioning, just screened in rooms. Costa Verde I is a separate part of the resort and A/C is available. We stayed in a Studio Plus which had air conditioning and a beautiful view.

Sara
Old May 20th, 2005, 06:04 AM

i have been curious too about Costa Verde and wonder if it is better for a family of four with two young children or if I should definitely stay at Si Como No. (Sorry to jump in on the posting!)
Old May 20th, 2005, 08:04 AM

We stayed at Costa Verde and loved it ..... We were on a bit of a budget and the 110.00u.s. per day we saved by not staying at Si Como No enabled us to splurge on our meals etc. And comparing the standard rooms at both , Costa Verdes was nicer . S.C.N. is very beautiful and very popular here , but for us personally was not worth the extra cost . ( even though our kids loved the look of the little slide )
Old May 29th, 2005, 07:01 AM

We just returned from a trip to Costa Rica. We stayed at Costa Verde building B, room 7, studio plus. Great view.Great balcony. Of all the buildings at Costa Verde i would recommend Costa Verde 11 or building B studio plus. Building D has views but is a steep hike up to the reception area. Building C has only forest views. We could have done without the Ac. It is humid.
We visited Si Como No and thought our view much better as it is much closer to the ocean. Si como No is more resort, Costa Verde is more natural, more animals. There is road noise, I think from all hotels.
Old May 29th, 2005, 07:32 AM

We were in D building and loved it ! It was indeed a small hike up to pool and restaurants , but no biggie ! Good exercise and animal spotting always ! Faith .