Cancun - Riveria Maya Honeymoon resort?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15th, 2009, 09:24 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi, any suggestions on the best adults only and probably All-Inclusive Resort for an Early/mid August Honeymoon?

We were sold on the El Dorado Royale by a TA but would like to get some other suggestions before make final choice. Any help appreciated.
Old Mar 15th, 2009, 10:39 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It would certainly help us if you told us what you were looking for!
Secrets Maroma and the Iberostar Paraiso Grand are two of the top adults only all inclusives in the area. Great service, good food, wonderful amenities--true luxury.
Old Mar 15th, 2009, 10:50 AM
Original Poster

Good food, the bed things on the beach, all inclusive(I think is best for this area) just something nice and relaxing for a Honeymoon after several months of stress.

We have been told the El Dorado Royale has excellent food, suites are stocked w/alcohol and other drinks, etc. and it comes included a honeymoon package(robe, slippers, couples massage and champagne)... But then I've read there are other resorts better than this one down there so that is why I'm inquiring.

I think mostly we want to be pampered a little bit.
Old Mar 15th, 2009, 02:58 PM

At the Iberostar Paraiso Grand you will be brought any bottle of alcohol you request by your butler. Your room will be stocked with whatever you request. You also get the robes, etc. You would have a butler and a concierge to fill your every need.
The food there is also very good.
Check it out and also Secrets Maroma Beach.
Old Mar 16th, 2009, 08:01 AM

El Dorado Royale is a nice resort but a bit on the larger side (not near as large as some of the others but bigger than many of the adult only). It has very nice rooms, good food and service. The beach is a bit lacking however.

I agree that the Secrets brand is hard to beat and we really loved Secrets Capri (not as crazy about Secrets Silver Sands and have not yet stayed at Secrets Maroma). The El Dorado brand has some very nice smaller resorts as well, like El Dorado Sea Side Suites and El Dorado Maroma. All are adults only. We especially like the feel of El Dorado Maroma when we toured it but have not actually stayed there.
Old Mar 16th, 2009, 08:25 AM
Original Poster

thanks, definitely want Adults Only I think if we go to Mexico for honeymoon. Was just looking at dreams Tulum which is nice but they have children.

I have requested quotes for El Dorado and Secrets Maroma, I hear the beach there is the best.

On price, the El Dorado Royale Casita suites(the best with preferential treatment) runs around $5600k for 7 days/nights. So what I get for that price point is what I'm comparing too.

If anyone can tell me if the highest end rooms(that come with Butlers) at the Sandals jamaica resorts are better or atleast as good as these resorts please respond as well. The deals right now to them are in this same ball park. But from what I understand Maroma has a better beach than Jamaica does?
Old Mar 16th, 2009, 09:45 AM

IMO Sandals resorts are extremely over priced and do not offer anywhere near the levels of rooms, food, and service as the resorts in Mexico. Sandals needs to spend less money on their promotion budgets and put some into their resorts. We have enjoyed our stays at Sandals Negril and Sandals Dunns River resorts in Jamaica but honestly do not think either one can hold a candle to the good Mexican resorts. Plus, we find the Mexican staff members, as a general rule, to be warmer and more helpful to the guests than one finds in the Jamaican resorts.
Old Mar 16th, 2009, 10:53 AM
Original Poster

did you try the Butler level rooms though at Sandals? from what i understand Whitehouse(newer) is one of their best resorts.

I'm trying to figure out if the butler level suites for honeymoon may make Sandles better than the Mexican resorts and w/current sale they are same ballpark price. Only reason I'm trying to figure this out.
Old Mar 16th, 2009, 12:11 PM

No we did not use Butler level so can not comment. Do not get me wrong, Sandals resorts are usually pretty nice, but many of them are not as nice physically as the Mexican resorts. Whitehouse is pretty new so it is still in decent shape, but we have not stayed there.

Regardless of where you go I am sure you will have a nice time. Happy honeymoon!
Old Mar 16th, 2009, 06:17 PM

Le Blanc in Cancun looks fantastic.
Old Mar 17th, 2009, 03:19 AM
KVR

Le Blanc and The Royal Cancun are the nicer adult only AI's in Cancun. The Sun Palace falls below them. Cancun's beaches are not all that great right right now. Lots of erosion. Not a destination I would want to spend for a honeymoon. A nice getaway, but not a honeymoon. We were there last year for my 40th birthday because we wanted a party atmosphere and that's what we got. The Playa Del Carmen/Mayan Rivieria area would be a better choice.
Old Mar 17th, 2009, 05:08 AM
Original Poster

I'm considering the:

Secrets Maroma
El Dorado Maroma
El Dorado Royale(Casitas)
Excellence Playa Maya
Iberostar Paraiso Grand

waying cost, options, etc. Seems like we'd get the most for the money and overall experience at some of these there, while still reasonable. I'm not sure the butler level suites at Sandals are any better than these.

Jamaica may not be as hot this time of year however.
Old Mar 17th, 2009, 09:15 AM

In August Jamaica will be Hot, Hot , Hot as the song says. And so will Mexico. I think Jamaica will be the hottest.
Old Mar 17th, 2009, 12:22 PM
Original Poster

yes, but I read that the avg. historical temp in August in Jamiaca is high 80's for a high, while Cancun is 90's...so may be slightly better.
Old Mar 18th, 2009, 10:05 AM

I want to say this about the Iberostar Grand Paraiso, Mexico. We stayed there for one week last July and had an ocean front room and I mean OCEAN FRONT. Our balcony was literally right on the sand on the beach. I don't know if you can get that kind of a room in the other places. Some places you get a little view of the ocean if you go out to your balcony and stretch your neck, but this was OCEAN FRONT. Of course we also had our own butler who carted us around if we wanted in a little golf cart and everything else that has been mentioned. Adults only. Two large pools. Three nights we were surprised with a bucket of champagne on our return from dinner. One came with a chocolate scupture! Can't say enough. I don't think you can possibly be disappointed.
Old Mar 18th, 2009, 12:08 PM

At the Iberostar Paraiso Grand everyone gets a butler....you don't have to be in a special section or pay extra.
Old Mar 19th, 2009, 05:43 AM
KVR

I've looked at the hotels you listed and my choice would be the Iberostar Grand Paraiso based on pictures, recommendations and reviews. The main building architechture has the same concept as Sandals. The indoor pool sold me. We burn way to easily. The reviews are very good. Looks like I'll have to put it on my list for a future trip to Playa del Carmen.
Old Mar 19th, 2009, 05:44 AM

Just received an e-mail from Vacations to go.
The Royal Cancun, The Royal Playa del Carmen are listed as adults only. I would do a search for all inclusive adults only and see what you come up with. One thing about august is there are normally better deals at that time.
Old Mar 19th, 2009, 05:48 AM
Original Poster

KVR: from what I've been told and from viewing myself, that place is suppose to be top notch all the way around. Not sure how much more it cost over other resorts.

the Maroma resorts have great beaches, and are smaller so might not get over-crowded. Thats my fear with El Dorado Royale for example.