Camino Real or El Careyes

Old Oct 25th, 2002, 08:25 AM
Susan

Camino Real or El Careyes

Am considering Camino Real in P.V. or El Careyes on the Costa Alegre. Can anyone help?. Thanks. Going in 3 weeks.

Old Oct 25th, 2002, 08:45 AM
Peggy

Been to both. Liked both for different reasons. CR is much bigger, busier area, close enough to PV action, lots of restaurants, shopping, nightlife etc. El Careyes is totally secluded. Excellent food, only 40 some rooms, quiet, not much else in the area, no nightlife, jacuzzis on the terrace, candlelight dinner under tiki torches, some snorkeling or kayaking. SO depends on what kind of vacation you are looking for & more importantly it depends on what happens when Kenna gets done with the area. El Careyes is on a small cove but if Cat 4 winds make it there, there could be a lot of damage. We are going to Careyes's sister hotel El Tamarindo on Sunday, we hope, again depending on the hurricane aftermath.

Old Oct 25th, 2002, 09:46 AM
Susan

Thank you, Peggy. I hope that you are able to continue with your vacation. I also hope that all of the wonderful people of Mexico in the area of the hurricane are safe. I would love to hear about your trip when you return. I recently purchased a trip to Las Alamandas through luxurylink and we are going in the spring. Are you familiar with this resort?

Old Oct 25th, 2002, 10:21 AM
Peggy

Our trip to Careyes & the one to Tamarindo were through luxurylink also.
Have looked at Las Alamandas website etc., just not sure of the ambience & the suite layout but the area looks great. You'll have to let me know how you liked it. I hope not only that we get to go on our vacation but that everyone is safe along the west coast there. Another web travel friend is at the Careyes right now to check it out for her wedding & was planning to drive to Guadalajara tomorrow so I am anxious to hear from her. Last October we stayed in Sayulita, a small fishing village 45 minutes north of PV & it is right in the direct path of the hurricane. I think of the nice people & great atmosphere we enjoyed there.
Oh, I also wanted to add that at the Careyes I would recommend the junior suite with jacuzzi or beachfront suite.
Good luck with everything. I will let you know how our trip turns out.

Old Oct 28th, 2002, 02:48 AM
ron

Any update on the hurricane damage and whether Camino Real was affected?