Back from El Tamarindo and Casa Andrea

Old Aug 20th, 2003, 05:54 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Back from El Tamarindo and Casa Andrea

A few weeks ago my husband and I went on our honeymoon to Mexico. We spent our first night at Casa Andrea and then a week at El Tamarindo.

Thank you to everyone who helped with our planning. We had such a wonderful time.

If anyone has any questions, I would love to answer them.
Old Aug 21st, 2003, 05:58 AM

Hi! I believe I answered some of your questions back when you were planning your honeymoon (& we are returning to Tamarindo in October ourselves) So how was it! My husband is interested in the condition of the watersports equipment now & did they have the CD players set up in the rooms also? We went 2 days after the hurricane last year that churned up the beach & damaged the main pool & little bridge by the pool. Is all that fixed? Did you take any days trips in the area. Or have a massage? I'd love to hear!
Old Aug 21st, 2003, 05:55 PM
Original Poster

Hi Peggy! Yep, you definitely helped us!

The resort was wonderful. The pool and bridge looked beautiful.

http://community.webshots.com/user/jlh370

I actually put a bunch of pictures up there for our friends to see it.

We used most of the watersports stuff. We kayaked and used the small sailboat (like a sunfish). The week we were there, there was an unusual number of stingrays so we decided to stick to the pool a lot. They also had the windsurfer and larger sailboat. All were in good shape.

Yes, there were CD players in the room. We forgot CD's so it didn't do us much good.

We got massages included in our package so we did that. Very relaxing.

This was a big splurge for us, being that we just got married and recently graduated college. So we didn't do many of the "extra" activities.

It was absolutely perfect for our honeymoon. We loved how they brought the candles at night and how they brought us breakfast in the morning. I think they caught on to us because we ordered so much food in the morning. (since breakfast was included.)

We drove over to Manzanilla one evening for dinner and to walk around. It was really cute and nice and to get a little of the Mexican feel.

This was my husband's first trip to Mexico. Puerto Vallarta was a little overwhelming for him because of all the people trying to sell us stuff. He really liked Manzanilla though.

We drove from PV to Tamarindo but didn't really stop on the way. We were so excited to get there...

The drive was beautiful though leaving and entering PV. We loved that.

We hope you have a wonderful trip and thanks for all the help before.
Old Aug 22nd, 2003, 08:20 AM

Thanks for sharing! Your pictures are great, you looked beautiful & I am so glad you loved Tamarindo. Brave of you to drive into Manzanillo at night! It is just so dark out there & that drive from the main road in is so long & winding, we didn't brave it at night. Maybe we will this time! Well after our stay at Tamarindo though, we are staying 3 nights at Las Hadas in Manzanillo, just have to check it out. The packages on LuxuryLink are so good & I just couldn't pass up bidding on Tamarindo again, some weeks no one bids & I think it is a perfect spot for a honeymoon or any time, I wish more people would experience it.
Well good luck in your marriage & future plans!
Old Aug 22nd, 2003, 02:51 PM
bquarre

Thanks for sharing information about your trip to Tamarindo. What was the weather like? I am always concerned about this part of Mexico in the summer. How did you find it? I am also glad to hear that you drove from P.V. to Tamarindo. So it really is okay to do it? Safety was not an issue? Thanks again!

Old Aug 22nd, 2003, 03:39 PM
Original Poster

We actually didn't go into Manzanilla too late. We had an early dinner and were back to Tamarindo by 7. We didn't want to do the drive at night.

The drive from PV wasn't that bad. We had to stop and get gas. That was an experience. I read in a book what to watch out for or to ask for.

We didn't ever feel unsafe. We only stopped for gas. Beware of the speed bumps! We went airborne a few times b/c they aren't all painted.

The weather was wonderful! The staff told us we really lucked out b/c July is rainy season. It sprinkled once for 5 minutes. Absolutely perfect weather. We were actually there the week of all the hurricanes and we didn't even know about them.

Luxury Link is wonderful. There is no way we could afford it otherwise. I've told so many people about it. You guys have fun!