Back from Argentina, Uruguay and Iguazu Falls

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5th, 2003, 04:11 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We spent June enjoying a busy cultural life in Buenos Aires and relaxing in Carmelo, Uruguay and also in Iguazu.
Had a great time. Stayed at hotel
Argenta Tower in Buenos Aires, very good location near everything \ and good discounted rate obtained through www.wowargentina.com.ar
I shall be happy to answer any questions,
in Iguazu stayed at the Sheraton also great location inside the Argentine National Park.
Took Buquebus , one hour ride, t to Colonia, Uruguay ( us 50 round trip) and was picked up there by van of Four Season Hotel , Carmelo , Uruguay. Had a relaxed week end there at a great promotional rate considering all that it entails,: golf, horse ride, .....outstanding service in this lovely hotel.
Old Jul 5th, 2003, 05:07 PM

What is the location of the Argenta Tower Hotel you stayed at, Graziella?? What restaurants did you eat at?? Did you visit Recoleta Cemetery? Inquiring minds want to know.
Old Jul 6th, 2003, 11:25 AM
Original Poster

Hi ThinGorjus, the Hotel Argenta Tower is located
at Juncal in the 800 block, next door to a church and two or three blocks from lovely Plaza San Martin.
www.argenta-tower.com.ar. It has a hundred rooms, not too small not too big, has a small pool and gym in the roof, turn down service and a
delicious breakfast , including scrambled eggs, fruits etc etc., included in the rate.
One restaurant we liked scale was Museo Renault next door to the MELBA art museum.
www.mrenault.com.ar
We also liked Cabaña las LIlas for good meat, and Lola in the Recoleta area not far from the hotel.( a few blocks)
The Recoleta Cementery was closed, first it was half closed then it become fully closed.
We had good pasta at
Farina a real Italian place in calle
Ayacucho near Santa Fe.
Hope this inf. satisfy your inquiring minds.
Old Jul 6th, 2003, 01:35 PM

!Hola! Si, Cabana Las Lilas is incredible. The most delicious meat in the world. Juncal is a nice street to stay on. It was probably very quiet, no? I am glad you had a good time in beautiful Buenos Aires. Ciao.
Old Aug 11th, 2003, 05:53 PM

Graziella5b-
Just the person I wanted to talk to! We are thinking of doing the Four Seasons package, which is 3 nights in B.A. and 3 nights in Carmelo Uruguay- do you recommend the Uruguay portion? It sounds great in the brochure. We are planning middle of Sept. Also- how difficult is transportation from BA to Carmelo? The package includes private plane, but I am sure that it would be a lot cheaper for 2 of us to get there on our own- also do you know of transportation alternatives from Carmelo to Montevideo? Thanks!!
Old Aug 12th, 2003, 06:59 PM

Going to Iguazu Falls in Feb. Planning on 2 full days and 1/2 day b4 and after, is that to much or not enough? Other then the Sheraton what other hotels would you consider? THANK YOU
Old Aug 12th, 2003, 07:04 PM
Original Poster

HI, THe Carmelo, URuguay portion of the package is like a totally relaxing parenthesis. I think it is worh it if you like a very peaceful romantic setting by a lazy river, if like sports, great golf course also tennis, horses, ...and if you like a wonderful little spa in the hotel in the middle of a little grove.
Treatments are aprox $50 each.

The service in the Four Seasons is excellent, the young people all charming locals are so well trainned that are always present at the rigt time and never bother you. The hotel offers all the time little freebes like ice cold lemonade, ice cream ....
The pool is a lovely one although Sep if probably too cold.
Nearby there are a few places to go like an old vineyard which make nice day trips..
To get to Carmelo from Bs As, you can take a Catamaran from Tigre(Bs As)
( which I never did) but it is apparently very nice and inexpensive.
Also a commercial fast ferry from Buenos Aires downtown to Colonia which takes one hour and cost aprox.
us25 one way and the hotel can pick you up there. or a 30-40 minutes ride. ( I guess price is included in the promotional package)
or you can fly a private plane.
The 4 Seasons in Bs As is a beautiful hotel.
We did go from Carmelo to Montevideo by bus, takes like 3 hours, it is a bus and the cost is very very little. Short of that you can rent a car.
Buena suerte.
Old Aug 12th, 2003, 07:07 PM
Original Poster

sorry I noticed I made some mistakes,

...after the ferry ride there is a 30-40 minutes additional ride by car or van to the hotel...
Old Aug 12th, 2003, 09:29 PM

Thanks for the feedback!
Old Aug 22nd, 2003, 04:28 PM

I was planning to visit colonia for the day from BA. Do you think that I should include Montevideo as well?
Old Aug 22nd, 2003, 05:27 PM
Original Poster

Hi, how many days do you have in all and what time of the year are you going?