Camino Real Cancun

Aug 8th, 2002, 01:54 PM
z0z0z0z0z0

Camino Real Cancun

Hi Everyone!

Has anyone stayed at this hotel? I am going there at the end of the month and i am getting mixed viewes about the place. My expectations are never to high just would like some feed back.

thanks

Aug 8th, 2002, 02:33 PM
Nancy

Hello,
We have stayed there and were very pleased for the price. If you have not already done so, upgrade to the Club Tower rooms for a much better view, private beach and nicer rooms.

Aug 8th, 2002, 03:22 PM
Jean Valjean

The "Maria Bonita" restaurant at Camino Real has extremely good mexican food and great tamarind margaritas. There's always live music and waiters are dressed like mexican historic characters. It may sound like a tourist trap, only it is not!

Aug 9th, 2002, 12:42 PM

You can never go wrong with the Camino Real. You'll be in great hands! Have fun!

Aug 9th, 2002, 01:56 PM
loangalsal

When in Cancun we stayed elsewhere but visited this hotel, it looks very nice. We ate at the restaurant, and I also highly recommend Maria Bonita, very good food and unbelievably good service, lots of fun!

Aug 10th, 2002, 08:01 PM
Bonnie

My husband & I have stayed at this hotel 9 of the 11 trips we have made to Cancun. Camino Real is one of the oldest hotels in Cancun and is not as "glitzy" as the newer ones. The bathrooms need updating, but the rooms are comfortable, the grounds are beautiful, the staff is wonderful, and the location is great. I believe I have some photos on disk from our visit a few years ago, and would be happy to e-mail them to you if you'd like.

Aug 11th, 2002, 07:19 AM
Chantel

Hi Bonnie.

Thanks for your reply. Yes that would be great if you could email them to me. I take it that you like this hotel since you stayed there 9 out of the 11 times is it just because of the location? Are there rooms that are better then other's such as the tower building? I look forward to your response and thanks in advance for sending me the pic's.

Aug 11th, 2002, 08:57 PM
Bonnie

Hi, Chantel!

I tried to e-mail you the photos, but mail came back as undeliverable.

Aug 12th, 2002, 03:41 AM
michele

Does the Camino Real have an all-inclusive option?

Aug 12th, 2002, 11:26 AM
Earl

There are many great restaurants in and near Cancun. I would suggest upgrading to Camino Real Club and get a fancier room which includes a great breakfast buffet and an evening cocktail hour. You can then check out the restaurants around town. Have at least one dinner in Maria Bonita. It was excellent.