Search

Cancun hotel help

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10th, 2007, 02:20 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cancun hotel help

Hi,

I am choosing between regular hotels, so since we are not much for all inclusive. The choices are Presidente Intercontinental, Omni Cancun Hotel, Fiesta Americana Condesa, Gran Melia Cancun and ME by Melia Cancun. The most important things for us are great beach and good service. Does anyone know anything about these hotels to recommend? Thank you.
Old Nov 10th, 2007, 07:59 PM

I am not familiar with those on your list, but we had a great stay at the Ambiance Villas and it had an excellent wide beach. The price was very reasonable and it was a fine value.
Old Nov 11th, 2007, 04:45 AM

BTW, Ambiance Villas Ken Ha is right next door to the Presidente Intercontinental.
Old Nov 19th, 2007, 02:38 PM

Presidente Intercontinental - Good But Older
Omni Cancun Hotel - Good has been completely remodeled since Wilma
Fiesta Americana Condesa - Good
Gran Melia Cancun - Good
ME by Melia Cancun - Awsome very stunning and the beach and service are immaculate.
Old Nov 19th, 2007, 03:59 PM

I've stayed at the Gran Melia in the Royal service tower, and it was very nice, not super luxurious, but very good. We really liked having the Royal Service private pool and reserved beach beds that came with it.
If I was choosing a regular room, I think the Condesa right next to it looks a little nicer than the Melia.

The Omni doesn't looks as nice as those two, at least to me. Have not seen the new ME.
Old Nov 19th, 2007, 04:24 PM

The ME is fantastic. We were there over Memorial Day Weekend and are heading back for a quick escape at the beginning of December.

Great beach, pools, bars, restaurants, rooms, spa and service. Loved the music. Great atmosphere at night. The only downside is that the majority of rooms don't have a terrace, but this is minimal when compared to all the positives.

Sign up for MAS Rewards and get 2 for 1 breakfast, newspaper and late check out.