Search

Riu Cancun or Riu Caribe?

Search this Thread

Old May 3rd, 2005, 08:56 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Riu Cancun or Riu Caribe?

We are planning a girls vacation in cancun at the end of September. There will be about 7 or 8 girls, all in our late 20's/early 30's. After looking at so many hotel choices, we have decided on either the Riu Caribe or the Riu Cancun. We would like to be closer to the nightlife and also like the calmer waters. Does anyone who has stayed at either resort have any recommendations as to which hotel is nicer. I think that from the reviews I've read on tripadvisor that the food is slightly better at Riu Cancun but that the building shades the pool and beach early in the afternoon. I also read that the Riu Caribe is more lively and has a better beach area. Does anyone have a suggestion as to one over the other? Tks!

Old Aug 30th, 2005, 08:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My husband and I have stayed at the Riu Caribe twice and really enjoyed the hotel. The food was good, the beach was great and the pool area was really hopping with music and activities such as volleyball, fashionshows, aerobics, etc.

The location of this hotel is not as good as the Riu Cancun if your purpose is partying. You would have to ride the bus or take a taxi to get to the clubs. If your purpose is to relax and enjoy the beach, this could be your choice.

I have not stayed at the Riu Cancun, but the location is fantastic. It is close to the nightclubs and different restaurants. Since both hotels are all-inclusive, you may not be looking for restaurants. The Riu Cancun is a new hotel compared to the Riu Caribe. The rooms would be a lot newer and have a lot less wear. My vote would be for the Riu Cancun if you are here for the nightlife and a more luxurious hotel.