Old May 30th, 2003, 08:42 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cabo Hotels

Can anyone help with information regarding our 3 finalist hotels

Villa del Palmar
Pueblo Bonito Rose
Melia San Lucas

as a bonus does anyone have any info on Pueblo Bonito Sunset beach it looks beautiful, but its kinda far from el centro and medano beach (they do have a shuttle though) last I heard construction was still taking place.

Thanks a million.

P.S. 20 something couple on their honeymoon in late september (like watersports!)
Old May 30th, 2003, 11:13 PM
Original Poster

one last tid bit, we will be traveling in Late september.

Thanks
Old May 31st, 2003, 07:55 PM
Original Poster

someone help please!
Old Jun 1st, 2003, 11:14 AM
eb

We stayed at the Melia San Lucas about 5 years ago and loved it. We've since bought a timeshare at the Melia Los Cabos (Known through RCI as the Club Casa Dorada) which is further out of town in the Corridor area between Cabo and San Jose. We just returned from Cabo last week and while we were there we visited the Melia San Lucas - it has since grown too rowdy and crowded for our taste...I probably wouldn't stay there again. We met a couple at the airport who had spent their honeymoon at the Pueblo Bonito Sunset beach and they loved it. Driving a car is not a problem, and the buses are frequent, clean, and cheap (I think one or two dollars per person). Taxis are terribly high tho. Can't help you re the other two, tho I "think" the Pueblo Bonito Rose is in a very convenient area and nice...the honeymoon couple mentioned it when we were talking. Happy honeymoon!
Old Jun 2nd, 2003, 08:15 AM
Original Poster

thanks for the info eb! We really like Sunset beach but are turned off by the location and construction.

Melia rowdy, thanks, that'll probably take it off of our list.

thanks.
Old Jun 3rd, 2003, 08:45 AM
Original Poster

any other takers?
Old Jun 4th, 2003, 10:40 AM

My wife and I stayed at the Villa Del Palmar in Sept 3 years ago. We realy enjoyed it. The resort was clean with a friendly staff. We ate at the deli in the resorts market almost everyday. The food in the restaurant by the beach was good and had a great view. We walked around the other resorts in the area and both agreed ours was the best.
I dont know about late Sept, but at the beginning of the month it was hot and sticky.
We are going back 4th of July weekend, and staying at the Sheraton, (got a killer deal). If we dont like the resort, we decided to always stay at Villa Del Palmar when we go Cabo.
Old Jun 5th, 2003, 04:59 PM

My wife and I stayed at the Villa Del Palmar in Sept. 2000 for our honeymoon, and it was wonderful. the staff was great, access to the city was easy, and the resort was not very crowded due to the low season.
We recently stayed at the Melia Los Cabos in the tourist corridor, and in my opinion, it was even better because you were not as close to the town. You had a quieter beach, easy access to the golf courses and close enough to San Jose del Cabo as well as Cabo San Lucas. I don't think you could go wrong with any of your 3 choices however.
Old Jun 8th, 2003, 12:40 PM
eb

One other "two-cents'worth"....the honeymoon couple that I mentioned meeting in the airport - they stayed at the Sunset and ended up buying a timeshare there, even though they went into town and visited the Pueblo Bonito Rose and said they were very impressed with it.
I think they were thinking like we were when we bought at the Melia Los Cabos - the downtown area and beaches around Los Cabos are getting pretty conjested.
Mike's advice re the Villa del Palmar sounds good..
Hope your trip is great!
For restaurants - try Ole' Ole' - great lobster. It's on the marina and a fun place to spend an afternoon. Took some great photos of the marina and the staff. Tell Benny hello.
Old Jun 8th, 2003, 01:58 PM

I think your best bet is Pueblo Bonito Rose. People love it there. The Sunset Beach resort is a taxi ride into town plus they are really into selling time shares. That's the reference to the other reply about construction. Time share selling is a problem in Cabo so be ready with a no thank you from the airport to the resorts. Other than that it is beautiful.
Old Jun 9th, 2003, 08:01 PM

Dear Bruin31,
I am from the LA area and my family went to cabo 2 summers ago. I have two teenage kids.We stayed at pueblo bonita rose and loved it! It is a beautiful, clean hotel that is on the beach. Also has a nice pool.Great location and in walking distance to downtown. Other hotels I noticed are on cliffs, no beach access, etc. But at the Bonita rose, you are near water sports and the sand if you just want to get some sun and watch the vendors! They do try to sell the time share to you. We told them we already owned another one and they left us alone.This advertising is all over the town, though, for the many various hotels. We would go back to this hotel, but we are going to try cancun this year.By the way, my son caught a 150 lb marlin on that trip. It was very exciting!
Old Jun 17th, 2003, 05:50 PM

My husband and I went to Rose on our Honeymoon 2 years ago and loved it. I am currently doing research for Cabo because we are going next year. Your absolute best bet would be Rose. Try trip advisor on the net they have tons of reviews. The hotel is in a great location. You will probably want to to into town and this hotel is really close. Los Cabos is split into 3 areas: San Jose, the corridor and Cabo San Lucas. Rose is 35 min from the hotel. Do more research on the entire Los Cabos area and you will see that Rose is in the best location close to the action. At other hotels you might have to find transportation simply to find a swimable beach. They have watersports right there and Rose is really close to where you catch the boats for tours. The hotel is beautiful and clean. The rooms are very nice. The pool is huge and service is great. There isn't anything bad that I can say about it. Rose is right next to Blanco and both hotels are great and you can use both facilities. Sunset is too far. I'm sure it's nice but not a great location. The closer you are to Cabo San Lucas the better. I've traveled all over and have experienced different hotels. Rose is very nice. Quit stressing and just book it. You'll go crazy. We are early 30s and live in the Ventura Co. Stop by a travel agent and get a Apple vacation or Pleasant Holiday book. If you go to the Los Cabos section there will be a map and you can see where the hotels are in realationship to one and another and also how close to Cabo San Lucas. The closer the better. Email me if you need more help. Good Luck!!!