Search

BoBo Hotel

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25th, 2006, 04:08 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BoBo Hotel

Among the many positive comments about this hotel, there was one in which a previous guest cautioned about the noise level of one of the rooms, specifically one above the bar. The room was named, but I can no longer locate that identity. I hope to use this property, and would not like to repeat that experience. During the period of my visit, there are currently only two rooms remaining available.
On a totally unrelated issue, does anyone have a suggestion for obtaining a taxi at the domestic terminal, without using those in line at curbside. Last year, returning from Iguazu, I used one (marked Radio Taxi), and was grossly, probably illegally, overcharged, among other negative issues. Had my wife not been with me, I would have refused to pay, and would have summoned the police. Though the amount was relatively nominal, the issue was not. I followed good advice at EZE, but didn't see similiar availability at the domestic terminal.
Old Mar 26th, 2006, 02:33 AM

Taxis at the domestic airport.

Two options.

1. Go to one of the booths inside and take a remis or private car. This is not much more expensive than taxis and much safer. As you point out, there have been numerous problems with taxis at the local airport.

2. Skip the line altogether and walk on out to the main street and hail a taxi, taking care to make certain it is a radio cab. This is awkward if you have much luggage. I prefer option one.

From the international airport I don't use a remis, prefering to use the Taxi Booth....but at the domestic airport, I use a remis because the taxi system is simply not regulated as it is at the international airport.
Old Mar 27th, 2006, 05:44 AM

We stayed in the Minimalista room at the Bobo and had no noise problems at all. Also, we did use a remise (booked inside the terminal) from Jorge Newberry - that was recommended to us and was very easy.
Old Mar 28th, 2006, 11:58 AM
Original Poster

drd, Many thanks for the good advice. I was ignorent of the existence of the remis booths inside the domestic terminal. I'll use one during our next trip.
KT, thanks for the confirmation. I hope you enjoyed the Minimalists room at the BoBo, as that's the one we've booked. Did you ever post a trip report on your Antartica trip? I'm always curious to learn if others are as enthusiastic about that wonderful part of our world as I.
Old Mar 29th, 2006, 02:02 PM

Pottle, We thought the Minimalista room was terrific at the Bobo. We only stayed there for one night (before we left for Ushuaia), but sat out on the our deck with bottle of Argentinian sparkling wine that night. I haven't yet had a chance to do a trip report on our Antarctic trip or the rest of our stay in Buenos Aires or Iguazu, but, as I'm sure you already know, we absolutely loved the Antarctic cruise --great weather, 2 landings each day and a sunset Zodiac cruise one evening, a visit to the American research station, Palmer Station -- it was fabulous. I'm still trying to catch up at work -- the price I'm paying for a 3 1/2 week vacation, but hopefully I'll have some time soon to get it all written out.
Old Mar 30th, 2006, 07:11 AM
mjz

I'm curious in regards to Pottle's question regarding noise level as I had seen that in a previous post as well. I booked the BoBo earlier this morning for next February and unfortunately the rooms I wanted (Miminalist/Argetinian)were already booked. In turn, I booked the Tecno due to room size and a full balcony with table and chairs.
Old Mar 30th, 2006, 07:25 AM

There's something up with this place. I asked to reserve a room and first was told there was no availability during my requested days. A subsequent request said the Pop room was available, but only for a few of the days requested. When I asked to book the Pop room they said it was taken, but that the Classic was available. I'm going at the end of May and figured if the hotel is full then it's full but all this "it's available, now it's not" action doesn't give me a good feeling about the place. Anyone else have this issue?
Old Mar 30th, 2006, 08:35 AM
mjz

Yes, I experienced this to some extent as well.
Old Mar 30th, 2006, 09:20 AM

It could be more complicated, but, in principle, in the hospitality business, there is no such thing as "if the hotel is full then it's full".

Obviously, there could be reservations being cancelled, which could explain the changes.
Old Apr 2nd, 2006, 03:36 PM

We just returned and can recommend the BOBO, but I do agree that on busy nights the noise from the restaurant can be heard . You can ask in your e-mail if the room you want is on the first or second floor (our 2nd and 3rd). Our friends in the $90 room heard no noise, we had the room with 2 beds and a small terrace for $110 and could hear some noise. I loved the hotel, but if you haven't been to BA before, be aware you are some distance from the main tourist attractions. Cabs are cheap.