Search

Cheap way from Buenos Aires Airport

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14th, 2009, 11:33 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cheap way from Buenos Aires Airport

Hello,
I am looking for a cheap way to get from the airport at Buenos Aires to my hotel. My hotel does not offer a shuttle service.

Any help is appreciated
Jeff
Old Jan 14th, 2009, 11:44 AM

Cabs in Buenos Aires are not expensive. Just get a radio taxi from the taxi stand at the airport.
Old Jan 14th, 2009, 12:16 PM

Take ONLY these cabs:
http://www.taxiezeiza.com.ar/
and do NOT take a cab which cannot be prepaid in an official-looking booth.
Old Jan 14th, 2009, 12:45 PM

Okay, so I want to get it clear about the taxis.
I might sound dumb, but from what Ive read here you only go to radio cabs. The cab company you show AV is a radio cab? A radio cab is a prepaid cab. Youve decided on the amount before you go? Paid before you go?

Old Jan 14th, 2009, 01:31 PM

Hi
There are about 3 sorts of taxis in BA.
Radio Cabs that have the light box on the roof of the car, the drivers number and photo etc on an ID thingee in the car for you to see ..
Taxis that are not radio cabs.. which can be perfectly safe and fine but visitors should not risk them.
Remiss.. this is a private car .. sort of like a limo but not .
They are either taxi sized or mini vans and you pay a set price from Point A to B.
You can arrange for a Remiss in advance or walk up to their kiosk at the airport and get a car right then and there. You can arrange for them to pick you up when you go back to the airport or just grab a Radio taxi in town.
The taxis that line up in front of the airport are Not Safe.

Prices are not so very different .. We always use a Remiss when it comes to airport rides .. always.

In Town- Radio Taxi
Airport - Remiss
Old Jan 14th, 2009, 02:00 PM

MY advice is that in our international airport you should only take transportation which can be PREPAID in an official-looking booth, as I said above.

Taxi Ezeiza is the only cab company which has such a booth.

The other booths offer what we call "remises", which you can prepay. Tienda León takes credit cards. I'm not sure about the others.

I disagree with most of my fellow posters about the radio cabs. The way I see it, once you are in town, if you wish to play it 100% safe, you should CALL one of the better known radio taxi companies, or a "remise".

I feel that hailing a radio cab is no safer than hailing any other cab, because what makes a radio taxi safer is CALLING it, because then the company records who picked you up.

A radio taxi is NOT a prepaid cab and Taxi Ezeiza is NOT a radio taxi company, but they are the only cabs licensed to operate out of our international airport.

In our local airport, you should only take "remises", which can be prepaid.

That said, the odds of getting a dishonest cabbie are pretty low, EXCEPT the ones which are waiting late at night outside extremely touristy places, such as tango shows or "Cabaña Las Lilas". In those places, the odds are higher and you should have a radio taxi CALLED.

Old Jan 14th, 2009, 02:40 PM

In the almost 2 years we have lived here, we have always just hailed a Radio Cab on the street. We / I have never had a taxi problem here.. and in addition to the no problem with them, we usually have some sort of great conversation, music and if you are lucky, you will get the gentleman who sang along with the Tango music he had on ... ( his voice was perfecto) ..

We even had a taxi happy to give our dog a ride ( large dog) and he made sure the window was down just enough so Pup could stick his head out as we drove along..

My friend goes to milongas and comes home sometimes at 3-4 am and her taxi drivers sit and wait til she is in the door, before they drive away.

As far as we are concerned, calling or hailing in the street, we have been 100% safe.

Old Jan 14th, 2009, 03:43 PM
Original Poster

Av,
Thanks for the advice, I checked http://www.taxiezeiza.com.ar/ and it looks like the price from the airport is 98 Pesos, does this sound right, just wondering if their are cheaper options.

Thanks again
Jeff
Old Jan 14th, 2009, 04:05 PM

Yes that is the correct price, and to bring you back to EZE I believe it was 68 or very close.
Old Jan 15th, 2009, 05:44 AM

In general: how does one find / identify / arrange for a remise?

In particular: we will arrive at the domestic airport; am I to understand that we should use a remise and how do we find one there?

Is a remise always a negotiated price?

Old Jan 15th, 2009, 05:53 AM

Jeff:

For the bus-shuttle from EZE:

Manuel Tienda León (MTL; 4315-5115; www.tiendaleon.com; cnr Av Eduardo Madero & San Martín). You’ll see its stand immediately as you exit customs, in the transport ‘lobby’ area. Shuttles cost ~AR$32 to ~AR$35 one way, run every half-hour from 6am to midnight and take about 40 minutes, depending on traffic. It’ll deposit you either at its office (from where you can take a taxi) or at some central hotels.

Have a good trip. ~MarnieWDC
Old Jan 15th, 2009, 08:17 AM

I paid 90 pesos from Palermo to the Airport. Hailed a radio cab in the street and agreed a fixed price rather than using the meter. I have no idea whether teh meter may ahve been cheaper, but I was happy with the fare agreed.
Old Jan 15th, 2009, 08:21 AM

Marnie: I have e-mailed you twice, in reply to your mail of Jan. 7. Did you get those replies? I wonder, because you didn't acknowledge.
Old Jan 15th, 2009, 02:33 PM

avrooster:

No, I did not get either of your messages. Likely it is the fault of the dot between my first and last names in my address.

I sent you another PM. I would, of course, have responded to you. Keeping me quiet is the harder task.....

~Marnie
Old Jan 15th, 2009, 07:48 PM

I do tend to agree with Av......if you are able to call for a Radio Taxi, please do so up front as they have a record of where you were picked up, and what time.

We hailed Radios on the street a couple of times, and their record was not good with us. We knew where we were going, and sometimes they thought we didn't, and took the long route.

If you are in a restaurant, they'll make the call for you. Be on your toes at the downtown airport or Buquebus
tptr
Old Jan 16th, 2009, 01:07 AM

tptr says: "Be on your toes at the downtown airport or Buquebus", which is pretty good advice.

I would add the cruise ship terminal, where they have some kind of funny setup. When I understand quite clearly what they do out there, I'll expose them.
Old Jan 16th, 2009, 01:09 AM

tatersalad,

At the domestic airport....booths for various remis services are found along the wall that separates the baggage claim area and the main lobby with counters opening to both sides. Prices are fixed not negotiated. You pay the fee in advance. Hope this helps.

Old Jan 16th, 2009, 06:23 AM

Marnie, I e-mailed you again yesterday. I assume you did not receive it. Why don't you try e-mailing me from another address?

Sorry about the highjacking, Jeff.
Old Jan 16th, 2009, 05:46 PM

drdawggy

thanks, I'll copy this information and include it with my other travel information.

Old Jan 16th, 2009, 05:53 PM

bookmarking

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -