Been to Dreams Tulum?

Old Nov 26th, 2010, 08:12 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Been to Dreams Tulum?

My husband and I are going with our three teenagers and my parents (in their 80/s) to Dreams Tulum for 6 days before christmas. We plan to spend time in the water and take days trips to the ruins and maybe somewhere to do ziplining. Does anyone have any advice either re the restaurants and activities at the resort, or about fun day trips (or stuff to avoid)? We may split up for some of the activities/day trips as my parents are less mobile than my kids. Also, how careful were you about what you ate, and any advice about that. thanks for any advice - it's so helpful to go into these trips with Fodorites' advice!
Old Nov 26th, 2010, 12:11 PM

I hope you can take some time to venture to Tulum's beach. La Zebra (love the tacos) and OM (love the pizzas) both are great places to spend the day enjoying the beach (which is much better than the beach at Dreams). Your teens kids will love the vibe in this area - it has an international boho vibe.
Tulum ruins are best with your parent's mobility. Coba might be a trip w/o the your parents - take the kids, rent bikes and cruise around the site. Muyil is another nice ruin to visit in the jungle south of Tulum.
A boat tour from Cesiak would be a nice day trip with your parents since most of it is on the boat. Not much walking. Cesiak also has a good restaurant and nice beach to visit (although the stairs down to the beach might be an issue).
Old Nov 27th, 2010, 09:51 AM
Original Poster

Pepper131

thank you for those very thoughtful ideas - we will certainly look into them!
Luna1
Old Dec 9th, 2010, 03:48 AM

We loved Dreams Tulum just make sure that you get a room that is not next to the water processing plant. The boilers are real noisy. The food is great no reservations, lots of different styles of food staff is great. Mexican beach party is great. Have fun.
Old Dec 16th, 2010, 05:04 PM
Original Poster

that is really helpful - thanks !