Barcelo Los Cabos Palace Deluxe

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25th, 2009, 06:21 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm planning a trip to Cabo with 3 couples in December and we're contemplating staying in Cabo San Lucas or San Jose del Cabo. One of my friends found out about the Barcelo Los Cabos Palace Deluxe in San Jose del Cabo and it looks beautiful! Right on the beach, great location from town, luxurious...

They are apparently renovating it and taking the ideas for the renovation based on what people say the hotel of their dreams is on their website www.thehotelofyourdreams.com. I think it's such an interesting idea for them to base their renovations on our ideas. For each comment you give, you get 5% discount and you can get up to a 20% discount. The hotel opens in December so it's perfect timing for us!

Just wanted to let you guys know in case you're looking for a new hotel in Cabo...seems like a pretty cool idea
Old Aug 25th, 2009, 07:13 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I don't know this resort but think it's important for people new to this area to check a map first so they see the lay of the land between the two different towns, and "the Corridor" in between. The resort you mention is quite a distance from downtown Cabo San Lucas.
Old Aug 25th, 2009, 03:30 PM
Original Poster

Sorry for not clarifying, I meant it seems like a great distance to San Jose del Cabo town. I'm looking at a map and it's right in the middle of the strip of all the hotels there.

http://www.loscabosguide.com/maps/pi...dc_2008-r1.gif

There isn't a key on this map so I can't judge the distance between the hotel (or any of the hotels on that strip of beach) and the San Jose del Cabo town...on the website it says 5 minutes. would that be walking or by taxi?

Also, if we stayed in that area and wanted to go to Cabo San Lucas, would we just get a taxi? Do people rent bikes to go for a nice bike ride along that corridor? I don't know if there's a boardwalk or promenade or something like that...

Thanks suze!
Old Aug 25th, 2009, 07:12 PM

thanks for the information! good to know...i'd actually really love to let them know what my dream hotel room would be like. it's nice they are wondering now, instead of wanting feedback after it's done...maybe my dreams will come true
I've actually never stayed in SJ del Cabo, always wanted to give it a try and get away from the hustle and bustle of Cabo San Lucas
Old Aug 27th, 2009, 11:20 AM

To add to that, the actual website offers great discounts for an early booking special of 20% and also a limited 25% OFF for new hotels special offer. It's available at http://www.barcelo.com/BarceloHotels...bos/Offers.htm
Did you know that this hotel has swim-up suites? I think it's the only one in the Cabo area with this room feature. I think with all the interesting ideas and offers they have, this new property is a must see!!!
Old Aug 27th, 2009, 11:42 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
NO WAY JOSE!!! You would NOT want to try and ride a bike along that highway ;-) it's not the distance it's the circumstance. Like riding a bike down a freeway in southern California. There's no boardway or promonade out along "The Corridor" just the series of resorts. The Marina in the town of Cabo San Lucas has a boardwalk type of situation, but that's all the way into town. Yes you could take a taxi, but it's quite a distance (the airport is 29 miles from CSL, I know that for sure).
Old Aug 28th, 2009, 11:49 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Taxi from SJdC to CSL will be $30 minimum one way. There is bus service, which is cheap and handy. I would never walk or ride a bike along the corridor.

MY
Old Sep 14th, 2009, 06:54 AM

FYI the discount for early booking is now 25% discount and you can get up to an additional 20% off by participating in the www.thehotelofyourdreams.com website. That's a total of 45% off of your reservation. For such a luxurious hotel that is a pretty good deal!
Old Oct 1st, 2009, 08:59 AM

Has anyone received a 5% code when going to the hotel of your dreams site? I have voted several times and have not received a code or any emails. How do you receive the discount? Thanks!
Old Oct 7th, 2009, 06:01 AM

Hi themenardfamily!

I can't wait for this hotel to open and hopefully see my room designed

The discount is automatically given to you when you make a reservation - it's all calculated for you when you enter your email address at the booking stage. I have already got my 20% but I read that it can be combined with the 25% discount on the site!

See you there!