Argenta Tower

Old Feb 21st, 2006, 11:01 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Argenta Tower

Is $138 U.S. (inclusive of tax and breakfast)for a Junior Suite in November competitive for the Argenta Tower? Are there other properties in this range that one should consider?
Old Feb 21st, 2006, 03:06 PM

We stayed at the Argenta Tower in BA last May. Off hand I can't remember what we paid, but I'll look at my notes and reply tomorrow. We booked it through Cintia at Wow!Argentina (a very good travel agency). It's in a great central location and the breakfasts there were terrific. I would highly recommend it.
Old Feb 21st, 2006, 06:01 PM

I thought the Argenta represented good value when it was $75 per night but $138 is steep for this property. There are nicer hotels for that much money, including the brand new Regal Pacific and the botique hotel NH Jousten or the Bobo or Home Hotels in Palermo Viejo or the Sofitel Madero in Puerto Madero to name a few.
Old Feb 22nd, 2006, 04:44 AM

The price we paid was $80 USD per night and we stayed 5 nights. We had a room, not a junior suite. However the room had a kitchenette, with sink, microwave, small refrigerator, and table with chairs. The season was May, not November so it was probably a cheaper season. When we booked through Wow! we also had Cintia book our flight and hotel at Iquazu Falls, so she might have given us a good deal, I don't know. And, it was last year. All these things probably contributed to the lower cost. Still, $138 seems higher than it should be.

I still think this hotel is great, and I would try to find it at a more reasonable rate from someone or some site. The central location is the thing we liked most about it. There was a terrific bakery across the street, and a wine bar/store a couple of blocks away which had a great wine tasting special, with a food sampler plate. It was more than enough food and wine for two for a late lunch.
Old Feb 25th, 2006, 11:11 PM

Hi , I also have stayed there several times always booking through Cintia of Wow argentina, not in suites but in rooms. I do not remember exactly but it was under a hundred. I like this hotel.
Old Feb 26th, 2006, 11:05 AM
Original Poster

Sincerest thanks to all for your very speedy, and helpful, responses. Kathleen, it was especially thoughtful of you to research, and share, your previous costs. dr d... your advice is always well received, and the Bobo does appear to be a superior facility.

I've checked with an often mentioned travel advisor on this (and other sites) and they prefer directing their clients to other, though limited, properties. Do any of you, or other readers, have other agents with whom you've had good experiences? I've been unable to locate a site to contact the Bobo directly.
Old Feb 26th, 2006, 11:35 AM

The email contact for the Bobo hotel is
[email protected]
Their web page is
http://www.bobohotel.com
Hope this helps.
raquel