Buenos Aires Hotels/Apartotels

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17th, 2003, 05:29 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll be in Buenos Aires for 9 nights from the 15th of October (whoo-hoo!!) and I would appreciate any information about hotels or even apartments there. I am looking through guidebooks etc but any personal recommendations would be greatly valued: muchas gracias.
Old Jul 17th, 2003, 08:03 PM

Hi, I just return from BUenos Aires and some side trips as well.
We tried two different hotels, they are classified as aprt hotels, because they have a micro wave, sink, coffee machine etc. We didn't use them because eating in Buenos Aires is
very inexpensive and also the food is good..
But if you stay nine nights on a row you might find helpful to be able to eat something in your room.
We got the reservations through
Cintia of Wow Argentina, simply because we got a good promotial rate through them.
The hotels we tried are
Design suites and Argenta Tower,
personally I like better the last one, the design suites has a terrific design , and belongs to the group design hotels.
The Argenta is more conventional, but also the walls are not that thin, and the restaurant is ten times better also the breakfast included in both hotels' rate is better. The Argenta has eggs, french toast etc
I believe the Argenta ;s restaurant has a fixed lunch menu for 6 or 7 dollars. The food in the Design suites is very bad. Also the location of the Argenta is better.
To get in touch with Cintia of wow
argentina,
write to [email protected]
If you need more information I shall be very happy to answer your questions. Good luck.
Old Jul 18th, 2003, 06:07 AM
Original Poster

Hi Graziella! Thanks for your reply. I would definately consider an apartotel.....would probably have more space than a standard hotel room. Was the Argenta Tower in a good location i.e. close to the main sights? I will email them for prices etc. thanks again.
Old Jul 18th, 2003, 08:06 PM

Hi, I liked the Argenta Tower a lot,
you can go to their www which I believe it is argenta-tower.com.ar
It is correctly rated four stars. Although an apart. hotel, It looks like any hotel with ifs front desk, bar, rest, bell boys, etc the only thing is that the room, has a little hall, in the hall behind some doors, as it were a closet, there are the micro, little fridge etc.
the bathroom was very nice, with a hair dryer etc, the room like any other hotel room, with nice furniture adecuated to a four stars hotel. there was a lot of furniture. There were a
small table with two chairs in the room\ and also a desk. The bed was king size and had a firm mattress, the tv had a large screen and good cable tv.(CNN.BBC and more in English) There was turn down service too.
Breakfast was excellent both cold and hot, there was a buffet but also a waitres which brought to your table a pot of coffee and your fresh orange juice. Nice china, and table cloth. Adecuated to a four star hotel.
Location was tops, in calle Juncal at the 800 block , near Plaza San Martin a nice area. Walking distance to many attractions.
For the rate , we did it through wow.
argentina, they got us a convenient
promotional rate, because the rack rate was much .much more.
If you write to them they can inform you because rates vary from time to time I understand.
As I said I also tried the Design Suites hotel, but although the design was top, very modern, and the hall is very nice, the location is not as good as the Argenta, and as I said you could hear the TV next room +, and you do not want that.
Cintia and the people from wowargentina are very helpful and honest. They will help you out.
I hope you have a good time, for one day out, go to the Latin American Museum, a new beautiful building and have lunch next door at a beautiful restaurant with great food, call Museo Renaud, favored by local
celebreties and TV people. They haave a set lunch menu, including wine and mineral water, and even
expresso for aprox. 10 dollars or less.

Old Jul 18th, 2003, 08:12 PM

Aster a second thought there is another well recommended apart hotel, but I haven't seen it, it is called
Art Suites,artsuites.com.ar, also a good location. For the rates try through the wow people because they can save you a bundle.
Old Jul 20th, 2003, 01:43 AM
Original Poster

Thanks again Graziella....can you tell me if the city centre is within walking distance of say Palermo or Recoleta? I've been trying to guage the distances with the help of the map in my guide books but its a bit confusing.
Old Jul 20th, 2003, 02:51 AM

The Argenta is within walking distance of Recoleta (about a 15 minute walk)...I would take a cab, subway or bus to Palermo...note: Palermo is a large barrio with districts within that or more or less distant...

The Argenta is downtown.
ArtSuites is in Barrio NOrte/Recoleta (about a 5 minute walk to Recoleta).

www.artsuites.com.ar

I also like the nh hotels, especially the Jousten and City. Both are downtown.
Think W hotels in the US...stylish....

http://www.nh-hoteles.com

I have also stayed in the Howard Johnsons Plaza (formerly Marriot Courtyard) directly on the Florida Street pedestrian mall....it, too, is nice and very well located downtown!

think comfortable and well located

All things considered, for a stay of 9 days I would personally pick the Art Suites...a one bedroom apartment, relatively new, very friendly staff and closer than the Argenta to the center of Recoleta.....but each of the others are good choices as well....

Check with Cintia. The rates she negotiates are often lower than the rates you can negotiate yourself! Try both and see for yourself.

Old Jul 20th, 2003, 03:22 AM

Hi Lola, I agree with Drdawggy,the art suites seems good for you. It is imperative that you get a good rate through Cintia or another travel agency, I only wish to add, that taxis or remises which are chauffered cars are extremely inexpensive.
As most rides would be from 3 to 10 pesos, that is 1 to 3 dollars. But you must call a reliable radio taxi or a reliable remise company.
Palermo, where I used to live ages ago, is mostly a residential area. There is a tremendous park, huge, called Palermo with a lake, and inside this huge green area there are many things, like sport clubs, tennis, horse riding, golf, two huge polo fields and a horse race track. The US Embassy residence is there. Today
there are some adjacent areas that have developped into trendy neigborhoods with many boutique shops and quaint restaurants. Again to get a taxi from downtown to this area if like aprox 10 pesos ride from downtown.
The Recoleta is closer to downtown
it is a chic area where the Alvear Palace Hotel is located and many
plosh restaurants and shops and cafes.You should be able to pinpoint
all this in your city plan.
Old Jul 21st, 2003, 01:28 AM
Original Poster

Hi! I've taken the bull by the horns and booked accommodation at the Confort Aspen Suites on Calle Esmarelda which I believe is downtown but is classified as in the Retiro quarter. Graziella or Drdawwgy, do you think this is a convenient area to stay in?
Old Jul 21st, 2003, 06:23 AM

I am not sure Esmeralda and what other street is located the Aspen, that area could be a little off at night.
Frankly I believe the area of the Argenta Tower, or the Artsuites is much better .
I would like to hear Drdawggy 's opinion.
Old Jul 21st, 2003, 04:30 PM

I agree with Graziella....both the Argenta Tower and Art Suites are better choices, both in terms of location and accomodations....
Old Jul 22nd, 2003, 05:16 PM
budg

Have you given thought to staying in the Puerto Madero area? I understand there is a new Hilton there and this area is quite nice to walk around and good restaurants, cafes, etc. Is this what others have heard?

Old Jul 24th, 2003, 01:21 AM
Original Poster

Hi Budg! I had heard that the Puerto Madero was a bit dead in the evenings and I would be looking to stay in an area where things are happening in the evening. Graziella, I've booked the Aspen Comfort Suites now, but still very much considering Palermo, especially Palermo Viejo.
Old Jul 24th, 2003, 09:01 AM
me

If you want place with most night-life , it's no doubt Recoleta , Puerto Madero has lot of restaurants but I didn't think it was that interesting (to stay right there?). Palermo Viejo is pretty cool , I would stay there too or Recoleta.
Old Jul 24th, 2003, 08:31 PM

Hi Lola,
I still believe your best bet is for instance the location of Art Suites,
and from there you can take a radio taxi .... but since you do not seem to agree, now that i think about it I read of a beautiful b&B in the greater palermo area, if you are interested let me know. I can find the address for you.
Old Jul 24th, 2003, 08:38 PM

Lola, this is the b&b, it might work for you, write to them,
www.olleros3000.com.ar
[email protected]
Name of owners Mr and Mrs.
Hemelryk
Old Jul 26th, 2003, 02:35 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Graziella for the info. I've now decided on a B+B in Palmero Viejo so hopefully it will be a good base for getting around the city. I'm getting excited even though I've still go nearly three months to wait!
Old Jul 26th, 2003, 02:52 AM

Hi Lola, it is exciting to plan ....
Did you checked the b&b Olleros 3000?, it has been highly recommended , BUena suerte.
Old Aug 1st, 2003, 04:24 AM
Original Poster

Hi Graziella.. I'll be staying in a place called Bayres Bed and Breakfast in Palermo Viejo...I'm hoping that it might be friendlier than staying in an executive style place, as I'll be travelling on my own. Their website says that Palmero Viejo is the Soho of Buenos Aires so sounds like its my kind of neighbourhood.
Old Aug 1st, 2003, 06:24 PM

Have a great time, I am not that expert to tell you more thanI did, I hope you have good feed back on the b&b, do they have a web site>? If so can you give it to me. Tks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -