Another Moon Palace/Beer Question

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26th, 2003, 02:02 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I read on tripadvisor.com that Moon Palace only has one beer and that it is only on tap. Does anyone know if this is true? My husband will be so disappointed. Thanks.
Old Aug 26th, 2003, 02:06 PM
Original Poster

Of course, I meant only one TYPE of beer
Old Aug 26th, 2003, 05:57 PM

MrsMolly, yes, unfortunately this is true at Moon Palace. All beer is on tap and it is modelo. May be corona now but it wasnt in may when we were there. hat is only drawback ai all inclusives. Beer is usually not very cold either. Some put cans of beer in your fridge in your room but they wont give them to you anywhere else at the resort! Moon palace is very high end so you will enjoy but as far as beer goes we bought alot at grocery store and stocked our fridge which was very expensive! That was great for room time but moon is so big you get lost at times on it so we just had the tap beer when at pool and such. Also, moon is so secluded from everything that we took shuttle to cancun and went to freakin sams club for beer! Moon is very nice but very big place and very tucked away! Go down to playa del carmen and you can drink ice cold beers at funky beach bars during the day. You will have a blast there! Have fun!
Old Aug 27th, 2003, 05:20 AM

I recently stayed at the Cancun Palace (Same owners) and they served Dos Equis beer on tap. They do not have bottled or canned beer, I assume that the Moon has the same brand as Im sure the Palace buyers buy in bulk to get the bulk discount so that they can make some money. The Dos Equis at the Cancun Palace was very cold and very good. Inform your husband now about the beer so that when he gets there for his wonderful vacation it won't be ruined because there is only 1 beer choice and it is served in a glass rather than in a bottle. Actually I think you are doing an excellent job of planning that your vacation will be without disappointments because you are getting all the bad news out of the way now so that when you get there it won't be the end of the world because you were expecting budweiser and got Dos equis instead or because some European woman had her top off at the pool and you were not expecting that. Good job Mrs Molly.
Old Aug 27th, 2003, 08:21 AM

Since I just got back from the Moon Palace, I can tell you that yes, the on beer on tap is definitely dos equis. They may also have Tecate on tap, if not, they have that in your mini bar in the room with dos equis as well.
Old Aug 27th, 2003, 08:48 AM
Original Poster

devitoc-

Are you saying that they have cans of beer (Tecate and Dos Equis) in the mini bar in the room?

Thanks.
Old Aug 27th, 2003, 10:49 AM

Good golly Mrs Molly, yes it would be cans.
Old Aug 27th, 2003, 02:28 PM

Well, at least these resorts have enough class to give you good beer and not Corona as so many place that cater to Americans do!
Old Aug 28th, 2003, 10:13 AM

Yes, they gave us cans of Dos Equis, Tecate (both Mexican beer), Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, 7 up and bottled water.
Old Aug 28th, 2003, 05:37 PM

Just as an FYI the Cancun Palace had no frigo bar in the room. Boy you people at the Moon Palace had it great.
Old Aug 29th, 2003, 06:55 AM

I guess it's a good thing that I stayed at the Moon Palace and answered a Moon Palace question, since nobody ask about Cancun Palace on this thread.
Old Sep 2nd, 2003, 03:30 PM

A tip for you : We brought insulated cups with us and they let us use them for our beer and other drinks (they're glasses were small!)....It kept our drinks colder longer !
Old Sep 3rd, 2003, 01:45 PM
Original Poster

Hi MaryPPP,

By insulated, do you mean styrofoam cups? Thanks.
Old Sep 3rd, 2003, 03:09 PM

No...Like the hard plastic insulated commutor coffee cups with tops....they also work great for morning coffee. I am not a tap beer lover but I was plesantly surprised at how good and cold the XX beer we had was.
Mary
Old Sep 5th, 2003, 03:49 PM

Stayed at Moon Palace several times and the beer companies compete and it does change. Dos Equis is my personal favorite, so you may get lucky. If you like limes, try asking for a "Michelada" (mee-chel-a-da) It is a salt rim glass, with lime juice squeezed in the bottom, and the beer poured over ice. It may sound icky, but when you are out at poolbar it keeps you hydrated. Sometimes in that part of Mexico they make them with tabasco, so be sure to say you want it with just lime juice. (Give a couple bucks to your pool waiter and you will have a friend for the stay) You will have a blast, I love that resort !