Reload this Page >

Which Marais Hotel?

Search

Which Marais Hotel?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3rd, 2003, 03:24 PM
mikele

Which Marais Hotel?

I have my heart set on staying in the Marais on my upcoming trip to Paris. It was the neighborhood I really wished I had alloted more time to on my previous trip, and I'd love to &quot;live&quot; there for a few days and walk down those atmospheric streets at different times of day. I've looked up previous threads on the Marais, hotels in the Marais/Beaubourg/Bastille neighborhoods, and Paris hotels in general. I'm just asking for some personal opinions, the more recent the better, on where I should stay. I'm used to 3-star and good 2-stars, don't need luxury (but want comfort and cleanliness). Friendly staff, resident pets and good bathrooms are all pluses.<BR><BR>The properties I'm considering right now are:<BR><BR>Hotel des Chevaliers<BR>Hotel Place des Vosges<BR>Hotel Vieux Marais<BR>Axial Beauborg<BR><BR>Comments and suggestions on these and alternatives are most welcome.<BR><BR>Thanks!<BR>

Old Jan 9th, 2003, 01:41 PM
mikele

Topping. Thanks for any opinions.

Old Jan 9th, 2003, 01:45 PM
cindy

I also love the Marais. We stayed at Hotel de la Bretonnerie on rue Ste Croix de la Bretonnerie. I would most definitely recommend it. However, last year we stayed at an apartment in the marais thru rentparis.com and paid the just a bit more for a studio on rue braque near the archives. It was a wonderful experience. This year our whole family will be staying at an apartment on rue ste croix de la bretonnerie.

Old Jan 9th, 2003, 01:47 PM
cindy

I forgot to mention that there is no minimum stay with rentparis. We stayed 3 nights. This year we plan on 6 nights. It is so much nicer to be able to have a kitchen, washer/dryer,etc.

Old Jan 9th, 2003, 01:51 PM
Kate

Friends have stayed at the des Vosges and loved it. I think it is a very elegant hotel.

Old Jan 9th, 2003, 02:58 PM
Laurie

I think Kate is thinking of Le Pavillion de la Reine ON Place des Vosges which is elegant, not the Hotel Place des Vosges. I recently found an article from the Washington Post (can't find the URL but I posted it here about a month ago) about good inexpensive places in Paris &amp; it mentioned Hotel Place de Vosges as a good choice but with small rooms. Room #60 was mentioned as roomy with a good view. It's most expensive though &amp; usually for families. Chevalier also sounds familiar. Have you done a text search here?

Old Jan 9th, 2003, 03:13 PM
Laurie

Here's the URL for the article I mentioned<BR>http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A27245-2003Jan8.html<BR><BR>Also did a search here for Chevaliers which didn't get great review. Someone suggested Caron de Beaumarchais instead.<BR>If you do a text search on &quot;Marais&quot; or any of your hotels, should get good info. Good luck!

Old Jan 9th, 2003, 08:02 PM
Ellen

Hotel Lyon-Mulhouse. About 55Euro a night (single), right on Boulevard Beaumarchais, a block from the Bastille center. Phenomenal location and a great hotel for the price. Rooms are clean, the beds are comfortable and the bathrooms are decent sized by European standards. The staff always looks out for me because I travel by myself. I've stayed there every year for the last 4 years. <BR>8, boulevard Beaumarchais<BR>[email protected]<BR>tel (33) 1 47 00 91 50<BR>fax (33) 1 47 00 06 31<BR>

Old Jan 9th, 2003, 08:23 PM
Kay

We stayed at the Hotel de Nice on Rue de Rivoli. Great area, friends recommended the hotel to us. We had asked for a room with a balcony which had wonderful street views. Nothing plush, a bit worn here and there but good value for money. This was a few years ago.<BR>Kay