Search

Help with deciding which apartment in Paris

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28th, 2007, 05:35 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help with deciding which apartment in Paris

Fodorites,

I am at again. The apartment I finally decided on was taken by the time I got ready ..so here goes. I am now down to 2 apt.

24 Rue des Vertus in the 3rd VRBO 4036
18 Rue Montessey int the 7th www.rentalfrance.com

They are both Pascal's apartments.

Just interested in the pros and cons of both. You guys are all so great in pointing those out.

Thanks
Old Jul 28th, 2007, 07:01 AM

Rue Monttessey is a superb location whereas the Vertus area is just OK. A lot depends on your interests, age etc. Being people "of a certain age" we would chose the 7th.
Old Jul 28th, 2007, 08:09 AM

I'm partial to the 7th and agree that rue Monttessuy is a terrific location. The 7th is chock full of moderately priced, appealing, restaurants with excellent food. Grocery stores, markets, cafes, pharmacies abound - rue Saint Dominique is lined with those quintessential Parisian specialty shops.

However, the one on ave de la Bourdonnais seems a bit nicer and larger and has a real bed (as opposed to a Murphy) and a living room with sofa, for about the same price. This one is only three blocks away from the other, but is the same three blocks closer to Ecole Militaire metro station. This may not seem like much, but at the end of a long day of being out and about...though, both are very convenient to bus routes (and we use buses almost exclusively in Paris).
Old Jul 28th, 2007, 08:20 AM
MaureenB

You didn't mention the apartment on Avenue de la Bourdonnais, but I will say that our hotel was the Hotel de la Bourdonnais, very near that apartment, and we loved the area. I guess we're 'of a certain age', too, as we preferred the more quiet, gentile neighborhood it's in.

Plus, you have a grocery store on that avenue, the Champs de Mars and Eiffel Tower nearby, and Rue Cler. (There weren't many restaurants open late at night, though, without walking several blocks, if that matters to you.)
>-

Old Jul 29th, 2007, 05:47 PM
Original Poster

The Bourdonnais apt was rented and the rue Montessey is now too. Pascal favors the Rue Amalie apt. I am waiting to hear what size murphy bed it has. I really wanted a 1 bedroom if possible. We are not going until the spring, so I still feel like I have some time. If anyone has some suggestions, I would appreciate it. I thought I was done, but I guess not!

Thanks

Thanks