Where Would You Go?

Search

Where Would You Go?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1st, 2007, 08:26 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where Would You Go?

3 females, early 30s are planning a trip to Europe for 18 days. We can not decide between Greece and Spain. Where would you go?
MS
Old Apr 1st, 2007, 10:10 AM

Depends on what you want but I think Spain has more to offer with interesting towns, number of places to visit, beaches and such. Be aware that most of Europe gets very crowded in July and August as well as very hot in Greece and Spain. If you want to see a lot of the country and don't like driving endless miles (Spanish roads are VERY busy and Greek roads are generally better), why not a tour company? You could fly to the UK, allow a day either side for problems, and try :

http://www.archersdirect.co.uk/coach...g_holidays.php

Prices aren't bad when you consider it's a flight, all accomodation, all travelling, a number of meals, portering, entrance fees, etc and you get to see all that is promised. I've used Archers a few times and liked them. Their Greece and Italy tours are good. You don't spend too long on a coach at any one time, often only a few hours between places.
Old Apr 1st, 2007, 11:10 AM

If you're going in the summer months, there's nothing like the Greek Islands for fun, beauty and history.
Old Apr 1st, 2007, 01:53 PM
Original Poster

Sorry I've been to Italy 5 times...we are trying to decide on Italy or Spain. We have about 20 days in August.
MS
Old Apr 1st, 2007, 02:01 PM

If you have that much time, do both. Why chose between the two.
Old Apr 1st, 2007, 02:17 PM

With that much time - I'd go to Greece. No real reason, except it's spread out and it seems like you'd be able to cover more of it without changing hotels every other night.... you could actually relax and enjoy 3 or 4 locations.....

Having said that - I've never been to either, but have been researching a trip to Greece and realize that with the amount of time we'll have, we'll probably have to do it on a Med.cruise...
Old Apr 1st, 2007, 02:39 PM

Just curious why you would post identical posts two minutes apart.

You give almost zero information to work from: one person is telling you to go someplace they've never been, another says "Spain has more to offer" and recommends a tour, and there's a vote for someplace you don't want to revisit.

If you can make sense out of that, good. But if your info contained more than number of people and # of days, you'd probably get a more robust response.
Old Apr 1st, 2007, 02:54 PM
Original Poster

Fidel...I mentioned how many people and how many days...read carefully.
Old Apr 1st, 2007, 03:17 PM

Okay, whatever you say Maria. Have fun planning your trip.
Old Apr 1st, 2007, 05:28 PM

Mariastefnyc, I think you are the one who should be reading carefully. Fidel was trying to be helpful and you chopped him (her) off at the knees. Fidel said, " But if your info contained MORE than number of people and # of days, you'd probably get a more robust response." Fidel is right -- give us something to work with !!!! It is a two way street.
Old Apr 2nd, 2007, 08:22 AM
Original Poster

I am asking "where would you go?" As you can see I'm asking for your opinions on both places. If you have been to both places please respond if you have not then please do not respond.

Old Apr 2nd, 2007, 08:31 AM

In August I would do Greece and perhaps include a week of your time on Crete. Also include Santorini for at least 3 days, and why not include Istanbul. Have fun !
Old Apr 2nd, 2007, 11:24 AM

I've been to both Greece and Spain and I'd pick Greece over Spain every time, especially the Greek Island of Santorini.