Where to stay in Salzsburg?

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 9th, 2005, 09:16 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Need help with accommodations for $100 and under for 2 people who like to be within walking distance of the sites. Any suggestions?
Old May 9th, 2005, 10:56 PM

Hi Princess ! I now a great hotel directly in the heart of Salzburg in a quit street and only 5 minutes walk to "Schloss Bellevue" and the river : www.vier-jahreszeiten.at And when you fly with Ryan Air to Salzburg you only pay 88,- EUR for TWO NIGHTS (each person) , 1 glass of champaign and fresh fruits in your room !! (look at special offers) Incl. a grat breakfast-buffet. The persons in the hotel ar very friendly and its a great hotel for this price. When you need more information send me a e-mail : [email protected]. Gerd (from Brussels*
Old May 9th, 2005, 11:14 PM

II answer : I forgot something : In the price is also a free taxi-shuttle from and to the airport. (Take a taxi and bring the bill to the reception. Thats all.) And its a 4-star hotel !!
Old May 10th, 2005, 03:57 AM

I really enjoyed The Auersperg Hotel when I was in Salzburg last autumn. They are a short 4 blocks away from the city center. You walk along a street filled with shops and restaurants to get to the old city center. I rather enjoyed the location; in the fall at least the city center seemed to be void of people after 6 pm or so.

My Previous Post on the Hotel:
http://www.fodors.com/forums/threads...&tid=79608

The Hotel's Website:
http://www.auersperg.at/

I booked from the Golden Tulip (seems like Best Western in the US) website and it was about 1/2 the price as from the hotel directly, but the rate did not include breakfast. The breakfast looked good there, but there are so many cafes nearby we mainly at at the cafes.

Let me know how your trip turns out This was by far the nicest European hotel I'd stayed in.

Old May 10th, 2005, 04:00 AM

http://www.goldentulip.com/site/Prop...howLanguage=EN

Sorry, forgot to post the Golden Tulip Site.
Old May 10th, 2005, 04:11 AM

Stayed recently at Hotel Wolf, which meets all of your criteria and is very nice. www.hotelwolf.com