Salzburg Hotels

Old Mar 22nd, 2007, 07:32 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Salzburg Hotels

My fiance and are going to be going to Salzburg for part of our honeymoon, we are going to be there during the music festival in August so it seems like we should be booking our hotel pretty soon. I have never been there, and I am looking for suggestions for a mid-range hotel. We are going to be gone for almost 3 weeks so we do need to keep to a reasonable hotel budget. Any ideas are much appreciated!
Old Mar 22nd, 2007, 07:37 AM

Hi. We will be in Salzburg for a week during the music festival. We go every year. Some friends just decided to go with us, so I tried to book a room at our hotel. Full, so was our second and third choice. We ended up with a place across the river in the "new town". Whatever you do, do it FAST! Venere.com and booking.com will show available rooms. Good luck. It's a great city with lots to do in and around.
Old Mar 22nd, 2007, 07:52 AM

I don't know about availability but we prefer to stay in the Altstadt and a couple of our favorites are the Weisses Kreuz and the Goldenen Ente. Both are in the heart of the old city and pretty reasonably priced.
Old Mar 22nd, 2007, 08:03 AM

violin - We were in Salzburg last year and stumbled upon the Villa Roma, which was fantastic and very reasonably priced. I put a report on tripadvisor.com if you want to see a huge rant on this great hotel. Large, modern clean room, less than 100 E for a double deluxe, ample parking if you have a car and a great breakfast buffet included in the price of the room. It isn't in the heart of the city but it is only a 5 minute bus ride or a 20 minute walk and the bus stop is only 1/2 block from the hotel.
Old Mar 22nd, 2007, 08:18 AM

we booked through venere.com and are staying next month at Hotel Auersperg. We've read great reviews!

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev...rian_Alps.html

http://www.holidaycityeurope.com/aue...burg/index.htm

Old Mar 22nd, 2007, 09:40 AM
JN

You can search and reserve a room through the Salzburg Tourism office. I've found their rates better than hotels.com and other consolidators. Here is the link: http://www2.salzburg.info/hotels_216.htm

My favorite hotels are also in the Altstadt. Consider, from lowest price to highest:
--Hotel Am Dom--friendly owner, great location
--Weisses Taube--highly ranked in TripAdvisor, great location
--Blaue Gans, gotten a bit too expensive for larger sized Karajan rooms, but great location and wonderful breakfast, and outdoor cafe.