Salzburg Hotels

Old Oct 15th, 2004, 04:55 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Salzburg Hotels

Somewhere on this four there is a thread asking for everyone's suggestions for a hotel in Salzburg. I have seen it but I cant find it so let me ask the same question. Please give me a short list of your favorite Salzburg hotels. We are looking for something central (old town), and between 100 and 150 Euro. Prefer something quaint but clean and nice. Will need to walk from it to whereever we go. Thanks
Shrink
ps: If you can find the thread I mentioned please top it or tell me where it is.
Old Oct 15th, 2004, 07:55 PM

Try the "search this forum" box at the top of the page. If you put in Salzburg, or Salzburg Hotels, you should come up with a whole range of usefull threads.
Old Oct 15th, 2004, 08:15 PM

We stayed at the Blaue Gans this summer and enjoyed it. The modern art theme is carried throughout the hotel decor so if that is not your taste, you will not like it. Rooms are clean, average size and funky with very modern bathrooms. A bountiful breakfast buffet served in a very charming room was very satisfactory and the location is excellent...in the heart of old town. I believe you will find their rates to be within your budget.
Old Oct 15th, 2004, 08:34 PM

I stayed at Hotel elefant which was nice but I am not sure about the price range since I was in a single.
Old Oct 16th, 2004, 06:29 AM

The Hotel Trumer Stube meets your criteria. We stayed there a couple of years ago. The location is great (near Mirabell Gardens), the room was clean but simple, and the price was very reasonable.

http://members.eunet.at/hotel.trumer-stube.sbg/
Old Oct 16th, 2004, 01:50 PM

My wife and I stayed at the Hotel Wolf-Dietrich two weeks ago and it was very pleasant and in your price range. We paid 131 Euros per night. It is a ten minute walk from the old town but on a very quiet street. The reception people were very good and spoke excellent English. The breakfast, which was included with the price, was organic which my wife enjoyed but I was less impressed. If you enquire, be sure to ask to stay in the main hotel and not in the annex across the street.The rooms were compact and very neat. You will not go wrong here.
Old Oct 17th, 2004, 05:38 AM
JN

Loved the Blaue Gans--best location, great breakfast, clean, well appointed rooms (Karajan-style ones are bigger--don't get the Jedermann style for a double, unless you like cramped quarters), helpful staff.

Am Dom is less fancy and breakfast is modest, but also very nice. It has a great owner--Herr Bachleitner. Location also is good and price is 20-40 Euro/nite cheaper than the Blaue Gans.
Old Oct 17th, 2004, 09:47 AM

We've stayed at the Blaue Gans and agree that the location is great. If you're looking for quaint, you might prefer the Wolf (as distinguished from the Wolf Dietrich) just off Mozartplatz on Kaigasse. It has nice wood-paneled rooms and a good breakfast with a price that fits your budget. Its webpage is www.hotelwolf.com . Have a great time in Salzburg.
Old Oct 17th, 2004, 11:01 AM

A few years ago we stayed in the hotel Elefant and it was great. There couldn't be a better location,,,,right in the center of old town (around the corner from everything!) Someone else mentioned this also. You could easily check on "google" to find the price, but it seemed to be in the moderate range when we were there. Oh..Salzburg is so wonderful!..and all of the old town is quaint....well, ALL of Salzburg for that matter.!
Old Oct 17th, 2004, 06:24 PM

We just stayed at the Hotel Wolf off Mozartplatz and loved it. Great location, nice room, good breakfast, friendly staff. The price was 95 Euros per night. The building is 500 years old. It was recommended by several guidebooks. Salzburg is very small so if you are on the old town side, you are near everything.

~gnr~