Hotel Blaue Gans Salzburg

Old Dec 30th, 2001, 08:33 PM
cathy

Hotel Blaue Gans Salzburg

Has anyone stayed at the Hotel Blaue Gans in salzburg? I am looking for a hotel in old section that is charming.

Old Dec 30th, 2001, 11:00 PM
Harzer

I haven't stayed there, but the 'Blue Goose' would seem to 'fit the bill' perfectly. It has a 500-year old vaulted restaurant, and charm to die for.
Prices run from around $100 a double low season to $200 for the best rooms in high season.
Check the English language ad by putting 'Blaue Gans' and 'Salzburg' into your search window.

Harzer

Old Dec 31st, 2001, 05:16 AM
Maggie

We had dinner at the Blaue Gans and it was very good. The dining room was charming and the service good. we stayed at the Hotel Elefant and I think the Blaue Gans has a more convenient location, particularly if you are arriving by car. I'm sure someone will respond who actually stayed there but I think you would be fine if you choose it.

Old Dec 31st, 2001, 06:42 AM
Flo

Hi Cathy,

My husband and I stayed at the Blaue Gans last May and loved it. The accomodations were fine; the location was perfect; the service was great. Even though we like to try different places, we often ate at the hotel's restaurant due to the quality of the food.

We loved Salzburg and the many things to do in the area -- and this was my third trip there. If you would like to hear more, just e-mail me at [email protected]

Flo

Old Jan 14th, 2002, 10:27 AM
Stephanie

My husband and I stayed at the Blaue Gans for two nights in September 2001. We never ate at the restaurant there (other than the perfectly fine breakfast buffet), so I cannot speak to the meals. I would give the hotel high marks for location and service. It is an excellent value in what I considered to be one of the most over-priced places we visited in Austria. It is in an old building, but the rooms are contemporary in decor. Rooms are good sized, clean, well-kept, but don't expect especially charming or quaint surroundings in the rooms. I would stay there again if I returned to Salzburg.

Old Jan 14th, 2002, 12:49 PM
Jennifer

Cathy -

I just returned from Salzburg, but unfortunately the Blaue Gans was closed for renovations while I was there so I couldn't look inside. We stayed next door at the Goldener Hirsch so speaking from a location perspective, you can't beat it. We felt it was worth a little extra money to stay in the old section and loved walking out of the hotel into the heart of things. It was convenient to everywhere we wanted to go. We did not have a car so walking was essential and we plan to stay in the same area when we return in August.

Old Jan 19th, 2003, 08:52 PM
cstars

just stayed at the blaue gans this jan it was perfect. the location was great and the rooms were a little small but so what i wasn't there to admire the hotel room. I would definately go back to this hotel if i had the chance....