Search

Where to stay in Prague?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21st, 2004, 03:39 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where to stay in Prague?

Hi..
My husband and myself are travelling to prague next month.He has a course to attend in Prague 6.We wanted to know which part of Prague to stay in so that Prague 6 and prague 1 is easily accessible.Pls suggest hotels also.....Binitha
Old Jul 21st, 2004, 04:09 AM
ira

Hi B,

We very much liked our stay at http://www.dientzenhofer.cz/
Old Jul 21st, 2004, 04:55 AM
rex

I am a big fan of the assistance you can get at www.athos.cz in picking a place. We stayed at the Apartments Zatec - - but you can "talk" to them real time, via ICQ, or simply e-mail them.

Best wishes,

Rex
Old Jul 21st, 2004, 11:15 AM

Prague 6 is a very large geographic area, so it would help if you said exactly where this course is that he must attend. If it's not near public transportation, that makes it very difficult. A lot of business hotels are out that way, it's in-between Old Town Prague and the airport. For convenience, I'd try to find a hotel near the Dejvicka metro stop or Hradcanska or Malostranska in Mala Strana. Those are the stops going out into Prague 6 (Dejvicka is the end point). Malastranska is near the river in-town, and is Prague 1.
Old Jul 21st, 2004, 12:15 PM

prague 6 is a really nice part of the city. It's more of a "suburb" and is great if you're going to be there for an extended period of time. I agree that the areas near the Hradcanska and Malostranska metro stops are nice, because they're still very centrally located, but I would avoid the Dejvicka area. It's a bit far out of town, but there is a great pool/lake around there.
If you're not impartial to staying in other areas in Prague, I would recommend Zizkov. It's a great area, with a lot going on, and is still a bit quieter than the center or Prague 1, say. It's kind of hip and artsy.
If you can, because you'll be there for a bit, I would stay at an apartment instead of a hotel. You should check out www.expats.cz There are always people renting apartments from here. Good luck and have fun! you'll love it no matter where you stay.
Old Jul 24th, 2004, 08:38 PM
Original Poster

thanks a lot for the suggestions..We have managed to find Crown Plaza Hotel near Prague Castle.How is it? My husband's course is in Predvor'je ,Prague 6.We haven't been able to locate this place as yet...
Old Jul 24th, 2004, 08:56 PM
MaureenB

The Prague Castle area would be nice, and probably afford a pretty view of the city and the Charles Bridge below. We were there in June, and the Hotel Neruda looked very nice. It's on the street going up to the castle. Looked pricey. We had a good lunch on their rooftop patio. The Pension Dientzenhofer is attractive, too. It's by the Bridge, in Mala Strana. We stayed at the Pension U Lilie, on the other side of the Charles Bridge, in Old Town. It was ok, nothing special, but clean and friendly and affordable, with a good location. Things are so compact in Prague, it's easy to get around on foot if you stay centrally.