What's open Sunday

Old May 28th, 2002, 01:53 PM
Linda X

What's open Sunday

Sunday is our first day in London and I am concerned about places being open. I heard the Camdon Locks area is good on SUnday (what else is around there?). Is Monday a day we need to worry about as well for closures? We are goin in July. Perhaps a day description would be great of wht to do on a SUnday. Thanks.

Old May 28th, 2002, 02:08 PM
God

Church

Old May 28th, 2002, 11:28 PM
janis

Just about everything is open Sunday -- except Harrods and fine antiques and specialty shops.

All of the Tourist attractions are open as normal. So just do anything - except the Tower of London because it just gets too crowded on the weekends.

Old May 28th, 2002, 11:55 PM
l

If this Sunday is your first day, don't forget -

1. England play their first game in the World Cup in the morning so expect a lot of us to be a little the worse for wear by lunchtime

2. Monday and Tuesday are bank holidays for the Golden Jubilee so there will be a lot of events and maybe restricted opening.

Camden Market will take you quite a few hours, get there around 11.30 to avoid some of the crowds (although it may be quieter 'cos of the footie

Old May 29th, 2002, 05:03 AM
ggrant

Hello, just returned Friday. Did a trip report London & Cotswolds yesterday if you can dig through. Anyway, I arrived on Sunday worried about closings but it was great. I went to the Wallace collection which was lovely, the porcelain and art fabulous, and the house itself something to see, and not crowded at all. Then a very short walk to Selfridges and all down Oxford Street for shopping, pubs and people watching. It was a great afternoon for getting into the London mood and everything close enough that my feet were not falling off. I started out about 12:30 and ended when stores closed at 6pm.

Old May 29th, 2002, 04:31 PM
Kim

Many of the government buildings are not open on Sundays. For instance, Parliament. Also, St. Paul's Cathedral and Westminster Abbey are not open - unless you are there to worship. There are no tours, etc.

Old Jun 3rd, 2002, 11:00 AM
Elizabeth

I noticed when I was there last week that there were a few Fringe theatre productions set for Sunday. I found them by reading through the listings in Time Out London. West End and Off West End were closed Sunday.

Old Jun 3rd, 2002, 11:08 AM
Jan

Hope you were able to make fun of England for yet another poor performance in a World Cup match.