Reload this Page >

What will the weather be like. Going to Italy Oct 7th - October 19th

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18th, 2002, 12:53 PM
carol

I will be going to Rome, Florence and Venice (in that order)in October. What will the weather be like and what should I pack. I plan on traveling lightly as I don't like to check my luggage.

Old Jul 18th, 2002, 01:00 PM
Willard effin

Are you kidding me?! Are you actually asking us to predict the weather forecast for you over two months away?! How the hell am I going to know! Here is a wild suggestion, try reading a guide book, or checking out averages on weather.com, hey maybe just a little research will pay off for you.

Old Jul 18th, 2002, 01:21 PM
xxx

You can just about make book on this: it will be autumnal.<BR>

Old Jul 18th, 2002, 01:24 PM
Diane

Carol, it will probably be warm in the day and cool at night in Venice and Florence. A little warmer in Rome. Might rain too. Do look at a weather site and see the averages for temp and rainfall. It also depends on where you are coming from, warm to a person from the Southwest would be different from one in Canada for instance. <BR>I know I am from Los Angeles and I get cold pretty easily, so I always bring sweaters and jackets on shoulder seasons.

Old Jul 18th, 2002, 02:12 PM
Grandma

Puhleeezzee..... Mr. Scott of weather fame used to be a neighbor. He is an exceptionally nice person and would never indulge in the sort of bilge entered under his name.<BR>Weatherwise... I've found that if the weather is rotten in October in NYC, it's rotten in Italy.. If beautiful here... beautiful there. Go figure.

Old Jul 18th, 2002, 02:37 PM
Katrina

hi Carol. My husband and I were in FL and Venice (and other cities) over the same dates last year October. We packed for "autumn" weather. It was so warm, that I made good use of the only linen shirt that I tossed in at the last minute (thank goodness). The warm temps gave us good reason to shop for some lighter clothing while we were there. We never needed jackets - just light sweaters for the evening. We never had any rain.<BR><BR>Like you, I had never been before and had no idea what to expect and we also pack extremely light so we don't have to check any bags.<BR><BR>Hope this helps.

Old Jul 18th, 2002, 02:43 PM
Helaine

Hi,<BR><BR>We have been in Italy for the last 2 years in Oct., and have had perfect weather each time. NO rain, nice during the day(even a little warm) cooler at night. We each took one carry on for 2 weeks, and did just fine. You will love Italy in Oct., but then you will love Italy, anytime!! Have a great trip. Helaine

Old Jul 18th, 2002, 03:33 PM
carol

Thank you to those who gave me an idea of what to expect. I do know that nothing is set in stone and it is too soon to predict what the weather will be on any given day in October.<BR><BR>To those that chose to be not so nice....well, I really don't know why you are so miserable. If you didn't like the question then you shouldn't have responded to it.<BR><BR>Thanks again to the helpful ones.

Old Jul 18th, 2002, 03:45 PM
Nancy

Carol, it seems to me there was only one "unhelpful" answer. And even it was helpful with the advice of looking up weather.com. Just the tone was a little abrupt. Don't be so fragile.

Old Jul 18th, 2002, 04:15 PM
BOB THE NAVIGATOR

Think Atlanta to NC to DC--very similar weather. I would have reversed the order--north to south--but it should still be nice. Expect 70s for highs and<BR>high 50s for lows. I love Oct. !

Old Jul 18th, 2002, 04:30 PM
Sherri Kardell

Wait a minute I thought the first response was very rude in it's tone and it was not directed at me .I agree if a person does not like a question or comment they should simply move on.<BR>As for the weather in Oct. I was there last year around the some dates and it was beautiful only one day of drizzle.<BR>La Dolce Italy

Old Jul 19th, 2002, 04:53 AM
Just a Minute

Sorry, but I agree with Willard. The original poster has done absolutely no research, and then asks for opinions on the weather 2/3 months from now. Even the weather forecasters don't know what it's going to be like tomorrow, most of the time.<BR><BR>Intelligent questions are always welcome. Why responders waste their time with mindless questions is beyond me.<BR><BR>Just a Minute

Old Jul 19th, 2002, 06:12 AM
Marianna

Dear Carol,<BR>I live and work in Rome so thought I would try and answer your questions even given the variables of weather.<BR>The first few weeks of October are usually quite nice with mild days and quite cool nights. My suggestion is that you choose layered clothing to allow for this. You would be advised to buy an umbrella here and bring a waterproof jacket and warmer clothes for the night along as we do experience some rain and variable temperatures during this time of year. <BR>I would think therefore that you would find it difficult to pack enough things without checking your luggage.<BR>Florence and Venice are usually a bit cooler than Rome and often experience more rain. You can log onto www.odyssey-tours.com and then onto "links" where you will find a weather site and lots of other useful information.<BR>Hope this helps.<BR>Marianna