Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

What is the average weather like in paris for the end of Feb to the beginning of March

Search

What is the average weather like in paris for the end of Feb to the beginning of March

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21st, 2003, 05:08 AM
jenny

Hoping to go there for a few weeks and wondering how cold it would be

Old Jan 21st, 2003, 05:11 AM
xxx

See weatherbase.com or worldclimate.com<BR><BR>It's still ging to be winter there.

Old Jan 21st, 2003, 05:13 AM
weathergirl

You won't need any air-conditioning!<BR>With some chance, the weather can be fine and sunny on some days and you won't need gloves nor silk underwear.<BR>Bring an umbrella, for sure.

Old Jan 21st, 2003, 08:37 AM
pam

Cold and rainy. Bring warm clothes and an umbrella. BTW..this is about the time we were in Paris. We never noticed how grey it was until we looked at our pictures taken while there.

Old Jan 21st, 2003, 09:55 AM
elaine

cold and rainy<BR>but don't plan a trip to Paris around weather or seasons unless you want to see gardens--Paris'll fool you almost every time

Old Jan 21st, 2003, 11:25 PM
Nancy

Historical averages for high and low temps as well as rainfall can be found at worldclimate.com, type in &quot;paris&quot; at the prompt...

Old Jan 22nd, 2003, 03:37 AM
xyz

Isn't that what xxx advised on the very first reply?<BR>

Old Jan 22nd, 2003, 04:47 AM
New Englander

I think the weather is similiar to New England if you are from the states Jenny.<BR>It has been everytime I have been there.

Old Jan 22nd, 2003, 03:53 PM
julie

We were there in the end of Feb. last year. It was quite cool and rainy and windy. Bring waterproof shoes, gloves, a hat, scarf, umbrella, and your silk long johns. Plan to layer though because the buildings themselves are quite warm. I was too hot in the buildings with a turtleneck, so I ended up wearing jewel neck sweaters with a silk scarf around my neck. The daffodils were just starting to bloom, but the downtown ice skating rink was still up.

Old Jan 23rd, 2003, 10:30 AM
Christina

I don't think it's similar to New England, which is much colder than Paris to me. My sister lives in New England and it starts snowing in November and doesn't stop until about May, it seems. It's not that cold in Paris. It is similar to New York/Washington DC weather most of the year (except in summer when Paris is cooler than DC).