Weather in Paris end of March

Old Feb 3rd, 2006, 08:07 AM
Original Poster

Weather in Paris end of March

What shall I plan for? Rain, snow, sun? Temperature high and low? Do I need boots?
I am thinking layers (trench coat with cashmere sweater for cold temps) will I need cold weather items (scarf, hat, etc.)?
Thanks so much!
Old Feb 3rd, 2006, 09:07 AM

Spring and fall weather is extremely variable in Paris. Weather in March can range from cold with snow to warm enough to require air conditioning. Typically, it's chilly, but not so chilly as February, and with much more sunshine than February has.

On average, March daily temps range from 4.5 C at night to 11 C during the day. The past decade has been much warmer than preceding decades.

Layers are indeed the best way to go. Be prepared for rain, figure a minimum temp of perhaps 0 C and a maximum of perhaps 20 and plan your layers accordingly. That should be enough to handle just about anything.
Old Feb 3rd, 2006, 12:15 PM

We took our (then) 14 and 16-year-olds to Paris end of March five years ago - to put in perspective, it was during the NCAA finals, and the 16-yr-old son tried every possible way to keep updated on the results. It rained most of the time - we had wet jeans, wet socks, wet underwear scattered throughout our hotel room. The Seine flooded, we had to walk through water to get to the underground restrooms beside Notre Dame. It was still wonderful - just wear layers, like you said; take a raincoat and headgear, and make sure that you can throw your ruined shoes away when you get home!
Old Feb 3rd, 2006, 12:54 PM

Temperature will be anywhere between 30 degrees F and 65 degrees F, possible both and everything in between while you are there. It might by sunny the whole time you're there or it might rain or snow (minimal accumulation, if any - certainly not enough to require boots). Think, layers, layers, layers. Also, bring a hat, scarf, and (especially) an umbrella.
Old Feb 3rd, 2006, 02:19 PM

We have visited Paris at the end of March each of the last three years. We have had pretty good weather. I take a raincoat with a zip out lining (one where the lining goes down the sleeves as well). I have found that most days I don't need the lining but at night I do. We have had days where it rained or was overcast but luckily no snow. The sidewalk cafes have heaters so you can sit outside and the flowers are starting to bloom in the parks. It is a wonderful time to be there but what time isn't a wonderful time in Paris? Look for us this March as well.