Paris in early March

Dec 27th, 2005, 11:26 AM
Original Poster

Paris in early March

I have searched the various weather outlets and seen many charts for average temps for Paris in March. I was hoping that someone could give me a realistic idea of what type of weather I can expect to encounter. Wind rain, sunshine, bitter cold, mild, etc. The average weather temps are great, but don't really offer a real look into what the weather will be like. Thanks for any help!!
Dec 27th, 2005, 01:48 PM

We've been in March. It was chilly and had occasional quick showers... not many flowers out yet...I wore long silk underwear (top and bottom), slacks, long-sleeve turtleneck, and jacket, gloves and hat.. could occasionally take off the jacket. I'd say it would be low 40'sF in the mornings up to high 50'sF in the afternoons.
Dec 27th, 2005, 03:06 PM

Average temperatures are about as close as you can get to "what the weather will really be like" because they're, well, averages.

I've been in Paris every March for about the last 20 years. I've had snow squalls, blinding rains, howling winds, brisk chilly days, brisk balmy days, warm days with sudden downpours, warm dry days, and even days when it was hot enough to sit outdoors at a café in a sleeveless shirt and catch some rays.

Check the weather forecast for a few days before you leave and plan to wear layers and have an umbrella handy.
Dec 27th, 2005, 03:13 PM

lufty, If you click on your name here, you can find the other copy of this thread that you have already posted. You did get a couple of answers.
We were in Paris in March one year. It was cold blustery and dry.
Dec 27th, 2005, 03:14 PM

I agree the avg temps will give you the best idea of what will likely happen regarding whether it will be bitter cold, mild, etc. They are statistical averages over years. If you want precipitation, some good weather sites will give you avg. precipitation each month, also. There are good summaries in the weather section on www.paris.org, for example (I think it is in the tourist information area or something like that).