Watzmann Hotel - Berchtesgaden

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22nd, 2007, 09:57 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi--I've tried to find the website for the Hotel Watzmann, but when I try the one mentioned in this forum & on Tripadvisor all I find is general travel/hotel website. I must be doing something wrong but I just can't figure it out. We'll be in Berchtesgaden for 1 night on May 18th and thought it sounded like a nice place to stay. I am looking into Vier Jahreszeiten, & Hotel Wittlesbach. I couldn't find a website for Hotel Post & a couple of hotels I could only access their website in German. If anyone has any other suggestions I'd love to hear them. We would like something with a nice view. Also, does anyone have information about how to contact the mini bus tours. We will have 3 college students with us and my husband and I love history so we thought it would be nice to have a more indepth tour. My father is a WWII Vet and was in Bavaria during the war & was stationed in Augsburg from '49-'51. Southern Germany is one of his favorite parts of the world and he is anxious for us to give him a trip report. I'll stop rambling now. Sorry. I appreciate any info you feel will be helpful. Thanks.
Old Apr 22nd, 2007, 11:49 AM

I can't help with Hotel Watzmann, but we stayed at Hotel Bavaria (recommended on this forum) and would certainly stay there again. Not sure what mini bus tour you're looking for...we took an historic tour of Eagle's Nest and loved it. I hope you have a wonderful trip.

http://www.hotelbavaria.net/index1_e.htm
http://www.eagles-nest-tours.com/
Old Apr 22nd, 2007, 01:56 PM

http://www.bobstours.com/gi.htm
Old Apr 22nd, 2007, 04:43 PM
Original Poster

Thanks travelfan1 and eurotravler. I'm checking out all three websites.
Old Apr 22nd, 2007, 05:15 PM

http://www.hotel-wittelsbach.com/hotel_engl.htm

I have a reservation for the Wittelsbach in September.
Old Apr 23rd, 2007, 04:15 AM

We've stayed at the Watzmann many times - mostly because it's a great deal. I guess part of the reason they're so inexpensive is because they don't maintain a website nor do they seem to have online booking arrangements. In fact, I just received the brand new Berchtesgadnerland accomodation guide of maybe 1000 hotels, pensions, Gasthofs, farm stays and Zimmer Frei but I couldn't find the Watzmann anywhere in the book. I don't think they closed down (although our previous favorite Berchtesgaden hotel, Koenigliche Villa, closed-up after many years then became apartments.

The only way I know of to contact the Watzmann is my good ole snal mail.
Old Apr 30th, 2007, 08:48 PM
Original Poster

Thanks to all for your help and advice. I have made a reservation at the Wittelsbach and booked a tour for my family. I know it will be great!

Old May 14th, 2007, 08:22 AM

Hi - We stayed at the Watzmann in 2005 and fortunately still had their email address. We just made a reservation yesterday using the following email for this summer so it works!

[email protected]

We also really enjoyed the hotel.

Regards - Carolyn