Reload this Page >

Amsterdam-Cannabis???

Search

Amsterdam-Cannabis???

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12th, 2002, 11:11 PM
Halo

Amsterdam-Cannabis???

I would like to know where in amsterdam would be the greatest spot to be..hotelwise and attractionwise--hence the TITLE...Thanks

Old Nov 13th, 2002, 03:28 AM
Dave

Try the Leidesplein.

Old Nov 13th, 2002, 04:11 AM
kerry

Hi Halo, We stayed at Hotel Citadel in September when every hotel we were interested in was booked. It turned out fine. There were 2 cofee shops across the street from the hotel and one a few doors down on the same side. The hotel is on Nieuwezijds Voorburgwal 98-100 close to Dam Square.

Old Nov 13th, 2002, 04:14 AM
kerry

Hi, I forgot to add the url address-www.hotelcitadel.nl

Old Nov 13th, 2002, 04:17 AM
Tom

A little dated, but something you might like to read anyhow:<BR><BR>http://www.ricksteves.com/news/archive/0899amsterdam.htm<BR><BR>

Old Nov 13th, 2002, 06:01 AM
erm

There are 3 or 4 hotels catering specifically for smokers.I'd give you the names but my memory isn't so good these days...

Old Nov 13th, 2002, 07:17 AM
jj

The Hotel Citadel has a sign at the elevator asking guest not to bring any &quot;pot&quot; into the hotel. I have stayed at the Citadel and as the previous poster said, it is a good (not fancy) hotel conveniently located, but they do not encourage smoking pot in the hotel, in your room or otherwise. However, the people at the desk were young and probably wouldn't care unless someone complained. Hope this helps.

Old Nov 13th, 2002, 09:12 AM
david west

The Bulldog is your answer to both.<BR><BR>In the red light district.<BR><BR>Also the Grasshopper by the train station.<BR><BR>See it doesn't affect your memory.

Old Nov 13th, 2002, 07:08 PM
Larry

The Centrum (center) of Amsterdam is to me amazingly compact. It's where a huge percentage of the most common tourist and smoker's attractions are. Check out the Amsterdam Coffeeshopmap at http://www.coffeeshop.freeuk.com/ It's one of the best downloadable Amsterdam maps that I know of. From the left edge to the right edge is about 2 km or 1.25 miles, so it's all easily walkable. If you want a hotel in the thick of it all get one with a 1012 postal zone. As far as I can tell the 1012 is centered on Damrak and Rokin streets with the 1013, 1015, and 1016 to the left (West) of Damrak.<BR> I'd like to put a plug in for De Kuil Coffeeshop if you're looking for a mellow place to hang out. The sign on the front says classic rock and FZ (Frank Zappa).

Old Nov 14th, 2002, 05:55 PM
Danna

I agree with Larry's suggestion of the coffeeshop map. We took it on the last trip. It was easy to read, find and had good descriptions of the shops. Have a grand time.

Old Nov 16th, 2002, 07:27 AM
Kerry

Yes, JJ is right about the no smoking pot sign in the elevator. Another thing I forgot to mention is the exhaust fan in the bathroom was industrial strength! I noticed this while smoking a cigarette. The names of the cofee shops across the street are Home Grown Fantasy and the Grasshopper.