Reload this Page >

Vienna or Florence?

Search

Vienna or Florence?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28th, 2002, 11:31 AM
t

Vienna or Florence?

I am going to Europe on a bussiness trip and would like to either see florence or vienna for 3 days when I am done with work. Which will be more ALIVE in winter (end of January).

Old Oct 28th, 2002, 11:52 AM
k

Well, I don't know which will be more alive in January, but I wanted to applaud your choices! Those are two of my favorite cities in Europe! They both have such amazing architecture, friendly people etc...Vienna may have more in the way of "cultural" events at night - theatre or music (like symphonies), but that may just be my impression - I didn't get the chance to go when I was there. Have a great time either way!

Old Oct 28th, 2002, 12:02 PM
Wayne

I don't know anything about your business trip plans, but it seems a bit unusual to be able to choose between two such diversely located cities as Florence and Vienna. And I do understand that especially if you go by air, you can get anywhere in Europe pretty quickly.<BR><BR>Having said that, I can vouch for Vienna being alive and well all year, including January. I have not been in Florence in the middle of winter, but I would think the Italians have to keep living through the winter just like the New Yorkers do. So I would have to believe that either city would be alive. <BR><BR>However, given the choice of these two cities, I'd pick Vienna every time because of its charm and diversity, winter or summer.

Old Oct 29th, 2002, 03:17 AM
Chris

To me, cities are &quot;seasonal&quot; -- Vienna is a winter city (although beautiful in the warmer months). When I think of Vienna, I think cold (imperial). <BR><BR>Florence is a spring/summer city. When I think of Florence, I think of not having to wear a jacket or sweater. <BR><BR>Hence, my vote is for Vienna.

Old Nov 1st, 2002, 04:16 PM
jeff

I vote for Vienna. It is such a regal city and I bet it looks beautiful in the winter. I have visited there in the spring and think it's probably the most beautiful city in Europe.