Notices

Vienna Boys Choir

Old Jan 8th, 2003, 06:58 PM
Lisa

Vienna Boys Choir

I'm so interested in the Vienna Boys Choir, does anyone have any recommendations? I heard them sing "The Sound of Music," but haven't been able to locate it.

Old Jan 8th, 2003, 07:38 PM
Annalynn

I doubt that the Vienna Boys choir sing the Sound of Music. I have never heard them sing anything but classical music.

Old Jan 8th, 2003, 08:36 PM
kit

I heard them sing in Vienna in November and the selctions weren't very classical at all. But still lovely : )

Old Jan 12th, 2003, 05:29 PM
Thomas Milligan

The Vienna Choir Boys sing a Mass every Sunday morning at the Hofburg Chapel in Vienna. They also give concerts both in Austria and abroad.

For a schedule see their Web site at: http://www.wsk.at

Old Jan 12th, 2003, 05:34 PM
Christina

oh they sing lots of stuff that isn't classical, including (yikes!) do-re-mi, polkas, etc. I guess they do that for tourism as Edelweiss isn't even Austrian.

If you meant you wanted to buy an album with that, it is on The Best of the Vienna Boys Choir 2-disc set, here's info
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...7126?vi=glance

Old Jan 17th, 2003, 11:33 AM
lincasanova

one warning about seats at boys' concert. some seats are in a room where you have a television monitor to see them.. although you can hear them directly.. absolutely no view.

Old Jan 17th, 2003, 01:52 PM
Anne

Slight correction lin....you can see the boys from every seat at their concerts. It is at Mass that you cannot see them. Only about 8 seats actually have views of the choirloft where you can see the boys. You can hear them beautifully from anywhere in the chapel. Unless you have one of the front row seats in the balcony, don't bother sitting in the balcony. At the Mass we attended in October, the choir came to the front for a song after Mass, so everyone sitting on the floor (or in the front rows of the balcony) could get a good view.

Just remember that Mass is not a concert...it is a Catholic service.

Hearing them sing twice in one weekend was the highlight of our trip!!

Anne